DREAM OVER WATER
An exclusive collection of the world’s finest luxury overwater bungalows & villas
In partnership with:
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
A SELECTION OF OUR LISTINGS:
- The tropical gardens of the InterContinental Tahiti Resort & Spa lie just five minutes from Tahiti Airport and not much more than ten from downtown Papeeete. The super convenient location means it’s a place where many people get their very first experience of a classic Polynesian resort, and an overwater bungalow stay. It is a large, fairly busy resort and you’ll find it more lively, both day and night (it’s got a 24 hour bar for example), than any similar resort on the likes of Bora Bora and Moorea and so wouldn’t be such an ideal place for say a relaxing, romantic honeymoon. Two negatives compared to similar resorts in Bora Bora (their more famous sister hotel for example) are 1) that though you have lovely views across the sea to the island of Moorea, the immediate surroundings are not nearly as beautiful and 2) that the overwater bungalows here skirt the shoreline meaning you don’t get quite as much of that nice floating on the sea feeling. Despite that it is still a fabulous, 5 Star resort and many will prefer the buzz of a more lively place. You’ll find lots to do here with shops, fine restaurants, fun bars, a fabulous spa and plenty of water sports and other activities to pass the time with. That plus the fact that you’re so close to the capital city of Pape’ete means it’s pretty difficult to get bored. THE ACCOMMODATION: The have a range of accommodation at the Intercontinental, mainly rooms at the main hotel building which come in various sizes and which have balconies with garden and sea views, but also overwater bungalows with outdoor terraces and access to the water. Check out all your options, plus reviews and more photos, on the booking page here. All the accommodation choices are nicely designed and decorated, displaying a nice, subtle fusion between modern and traditional Polynesian styling. It is a 5 Star resort and so you can also expect all the accommodation to have a luxurious feel, both in the quality of the fabrics and fittings, and in the array of modern facilities. The service here is top class also. FACILITIES READ MORE
- The Fiji Marriott, Momi Bay is an exclusive 5 Star resort near Nadi, and the Momi WW2 Gun Site, with a truly idyllic lagoon and ocean side setting. It also has an array fantastic facilities, premium quality accommodation, including some top of the range overwater bungalows, and consistently cheerful, friendly service. THE ACCOMMODATION: The Marriott has a mixture of rooms at the main hotel building, all of which come with either a balcony or a patio, plus a mixture of bures (traditional Fijian style straw and wood huts) and overwater bungalows with private access to the water just below your feet. They come in various sizes with the largest, at over 800 square feet, being their ‘Royal Lagoon’ overwater bungalows. Check out all your options, plus reviews and more photos, on the booking page here. All the accommodation choices are 5 Star standard and have a modern, minimalist chic style. Facilities include cable TV, air-conditioning, Wi-Fi, USB chargers, music systems, laptop safes, tea & coffee making facilities and 24 hour room service. They all have particularly nice bathrooms too with stand-alone bath tubs, rainfall showers and a range of luxury toiletries. The hotel rooms may be some of the most plush on Fiji but a stay in one of their traditional Fijian, straw and wood bures is a whole different level of experience and certainly worth the extra. This also applies, even more so, to their very plush, airy overwater bungalows which have high vaulted ceilings, outdoor decks and private access to the pristine waters below. Note: The overwater bungalows are for adults/over 18s only. FACILITIES & THINGS TO DO: They have a great selection of high standard facilities including three swimming pools, two tennis courts, a 24 hour fitness center/gym and a day spa with spacious treatment rooms, plunge pools, a beauty therapy center and a hairdresser. Children will be well taken care of too at the Turtles Kids’ Club which has a host of activities on offer both educational and just for fun. It also has a playground and a children’s only swimming pool, and babysitting and child minding services are also available. The resort is child friendly READ MORE
- Lily Beach Resort is a 5 Star all inclusive with an absolutely stunning setting on a private island in southern Ari Atoll, Maldives. Their all inclusive plan offers a generous array of quality services, with a range of free water sports activities and excursions and lots and lots of premium quality food and drink. It is a well known resort and consistently popular; people return here year after year, so advance bookings are recommended. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a choice of overwater villas, beach villas and lagoon villas at Pearl Beach. The typically romantic overwater villas are divided between ‘Deluxe Water Villas’ which have 1356 ft² of space including a private outdoor deck with a jacuzzi plunge pool, and the ‘Sunset Water Villas’ which are a step ahead with 1960ft² to play with, a proportionally larger deck and larger pool, as well as a 24 hour personal butler service. All the overwater choices have a section of glass floor panels so you can gaze at the sea life below from the comfort of your bungalow. The Lagoon Villas are at the edge of the lagoon and cover just short of 1000 ft², are secluded and private and come with an outdoor bath on the terrace, while the Beach Villas have a nice location right on the beach with a private deck and about 730 ft² of space for the ‘standard’ villas and 1463 ft² for the two bedroom ‘family’ villas, which are effectively two interconnected standard villas. Check out all your options, plus reviews and more photos, on the booking page here. The style is modernist and fairly minimalist, with the emphasis being more on comfort than interior decor, and all the accommodation choices include luxury hotel standard facilities and features as standard; air-conditioning, WiFi, flat-screen TV & home theatre system, tea/coffee making facilities, minibar and safe etc. The bathrooms are all suitably plush too with rainfall showers and spa bathtubs. FACILITIES & THINGS TO DO: There are four restaurants and three bars at the resort and the quality of the food and drink is excellent. Many 5 Star all-inclusives let themselves down a little when it comes to food READ MORE
- The 5 Star, St. Regis, Bora Bora was the setting for the 2009 comedy ‘Couple’s Retreat’, starring Vince Vaughan, an extra publicity boost that such a fabulous resort really had, and still has, very little need for. It has long been very much a go to place for international celebrities and is perhaps, despite fierce competition, the ultimate luxury vacation destination in Bora Bora. THE ACCOMMODATION: The resort is spread out over 44 acres which includes a private lagoon and various beach areas. The accommodation is a mixture of overwater bungalows and beach villas, all of which are extremely spacious; the largest overwater bungalows and villas in Bora Bora in fact. The very smallest on offer at the St. Regis are 1550 ft² for example, with the very largest being a quite magnificent 3960 ft². Check your options on the booking page here. The design and decor are mostly traditional Polynesian; airy and with lots of wood. You will have a large bedroom(s) with a super comfortable King size bed, seating, closet space and a giant flat screen TV. The lounge areas have comfy sofas, another TV and a mini bar, and outside there is lots of deck space with lounging, seating and dining furniture, outdoor showers and, in the case of the overwater bungalows, private access to the water. The bathrooms are suitably luxurious, and large, too. There you have a rainfall shower, a deep bath to sink into and a choice of exotic bath salts and other pampering products. Another very nice feature is that all the overwater bungalows are equipped with glass floor panels in the hallway, living room and bathroom which allows some gorgeous glimpses into life under the water below. You have a private butler service at your disposal at the St. Regis and one of the best concierge teams around. They are particularly adept at arranging grand romantic gestures, for honeymoons or otherwise, via their ‘Romantic Concierge’ service, and they organize weddings too with a bridal boutique also on the premises where you can rent wedding dresses, groom suits etc. FACILITIES & THINGS TO DO: The resort has two swimming pools one of which READ MORE
- The low key, 5 star resort of Le Méridien offers perhaps the best value around in terms of luxury overwater bungalows and villas in Bora Bora. It does not have the same show-stopping sense of opulence as some other nearby resorts; the St. Regis or The Four Seasons for example, which feature some really quite enormous accommodation, but though the largest overwater bungalows at the Le Méridien cover not much more than 540 ft², they are just as luxurious, stylish and well equipped. So if you feel having acres of extra space is not worth the extra premium price then Le Méridien is for you. One popular feature of most Bora Bora overwater bungalows are glass floor viewing panels which allow you to gaze directly at the colorful sea life in the waters below. Le Méridien gets extra points in this regard, boasting the largest glass floors of any resort in the whole of French Polynesia. Le Méridien is family friendly but has a relaxed, intimate atmosphere that is more suited to couples. You will also find it noticeably quieter than many of the other resorts, especially in the evenings, something which adds to the sense of a secret, romantic hideaway. THE ACCOMMODATION: Le Méridien doesn’t have the same breath of accommodation choices as some other resorts but what it has are classic overwater bungalows that are cosy and intimate, and blend traditional Polynesian design and decor with modern facilities and features, including the above mentioned large glass floor panels which cover most of the lounge areas. The resort also offers similarly pleasant beach villas and suites, all of which are, including the overwater bungalows, one double bedroom but most of which also have a sofa bed in the lounge area for extra guests if required. Check out all the details, plus reviews and more photos, on the booking page here. The outside spaces have seating and lounging furniture, as well as, in the case of the overwater bungalows, direct access to the water. King size beds are standard at Le Méridien and all of the accommodation is kitted out with modern necessities; AC, WiFi, mini bar, flat screen satellite READ MORE
- Royalton Antigua is a very new (May 2019) all-inclusive resort that boasts Antigua and Barbuda’s very first overwater bungalows. The resort is the height of opulence and luxury and has a choice setting on the clear, calm waters of Antigua’s Deep Bay, less than twenty minutes from St. John’s, and a half an hour from V. C. Bird International Airport. THE ACCOMMODATION: The accommodation choices are many, with of course the overwater bungalows taking pride of place. They are all doubles with king size beds, lounge (with a sofa bed) & dining areas, and outdoor terraces overlooking the water. They are also beautifully designed in a sleek modernist style, and display an unashamed sense of luxury. Expect private infinity plunge pools, jacuzzis, glass floor viewing panels, private butlers and 24 hour room service as standard, as well as in-room aromatherapy, satellite TVs, top of the range music systems, complimentary IPTV movie selections, twice daily re-stocked minibars and to top it all a choice of pillows from the pillow menu. The other accommodation choices are a mixture of suites in different locations around the private beach, and all of them share the same sleek interiors and modern luxury features. They can all sleep up to four but are generally smaller than the overwater bungalows which have over 1,100 square feet (106 square meters) of space. Check out all the details, plus reviews and more photos, on the booking page here. Note: only those over 13 years of age are allowed to stay at the overwater bungalows. In the other accommodation children of all ages are welcome. FACILITIES & THINGS TO DO: The resort has seven restaurants in total, with complimentary in-room private dinner and drinks service also available. The choice of food is enormous with a mixture of Caribbean, American and European to be enjoyed, both buffet and a la carte. Each eatery has a different atmosphere and you can chill out with beef burgers and beer one evening, and indulge in gourmet taster menus and fine wines the next. There are cafes and various themed bars around the resort too, some with live entertainment, and you’ll find excellent cocktails everywhere, READ MORE