DREAM OVER WATER
An exclusive, hand picked collection of the world’s finest luxury overwater bungalows & villas
In partnership with:
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
A SELECTION OF OUR LISTINGS:
- Royalton Antigua is a very new (May 2019) all-inclusive resort that boasts Antigua and Barbuda’s very first overwater bungalows. The resort is the height of opulence and luxury and has a choice setting on the clear, calm waters of Antigua’s Deep Bay, less than twenty minutes from St. John’s, and a half an hour from V. C. Bird International Airport. THE ACCOMMODATION: The accommodation choices are many, with of course the overwater bungalows taking pride of place. They are all doubles with king size beds, lounge (with a sofa bed) & dining areas, and outdoor terraces overlooking the water. They are also beautifully designed in a sleek modernist style, and display an unashamed sense of luxury. Expect private infinity plunge pools, jacuzzis, glass floor viewing panels, private butlers and 24 hour room service as standard, as well as in-room aromatherapy, satellite TVs, top of the range music systems, complimentary IPTV movie selections, twice daily re-stocked minibars and to top it all a choice of pillows from the pillow menu. The other accommodation choices are a mixture of suites in different locations around the private beach, and all of them share the same sleek interiors and modern luxury features. They can all sleep up to four but are generally smaller than the overwater bungalows which have over 1,100 square feet (106 square meters) of space. Check your options on the booking page here. Note: only those over 13 years of age are allowed to stay at the overwater bungalows. In the other accommodation children of all ages are welcome. FACILITIES & THINGS TO DO: The resort has seven restaurants in total, with complimentary in-room private dinner and drinks service also available. The choice of food is enormous with a mixture of Caribbean, American and European to be enjoyed, both buffet and a la carte. Each eatery has a different atmosphere and you can chill out with beef burgers and beer one evening, and indulge in gourmet taster menus and fine wines the next. There are cafes and various themed bars around the resort too, some with live entertainment, and you’ll find excellent cocktails everywhere, as well as a range of other READ MORE
- Lily Beach Resort is a 5 Star all inclusive with an absolutely stunning setting on a private island in southern Ari Atoll, Maldives. Their all inclusive plan offers a generous array of quality services, with a range of free water sports activities and excursions and lots and lots of premium quality food and drink. It is a well known resort and consistently popular; people return here year after year, so advance bookings are recommended. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a choice of overwater villas, beach villas and lagoon villas at Pearl Beach. The typically romantic overwater villas are divided between ‘Deluxe Water Villas’ which have 1356 ft² of space including a private outdoor deck with a jacuzzi plunge pool, and the ‘Sunset Water Villas’ which are a step ahead with 1960ft² to play with, a proportionally larger deck and larger pool, as well as a 24 hour personal butler service. All the overwater choices have a section of glass floor panels so you can gaze at the sea life below from the comfort of your bungalow. The Lagoon Villas are at the edge of the lagoon and cover just short of 1000 ft², are secluded and private and come with an outdoor bath on the terrace, while the Beach Villas have a nice location right on the beach with a private deck and about 730 ft² of space for the ‘standard’ villas and 1463 ft² for the two bedroom ‘family’ villas, which are effectively two interconnected standard villas. Check out all your options on the booking page here. The style is modernist and fairly minimalist, with the emphasis being more on comfort than interior decor, and all the accommodation choices include luxury hotel standard facilities and features as standard; air-conditioning, WiFi, flat-screen TV & home theatre system, tea/coffee making facilities, minibar and safe etc. The bathrooms are all suitably plush too with rainfall showers and spa bathtubs. FACILITIES & THINGS TO DO: There are four restaurants and three bars at the resort and the quality of the food and drink is excellent. Many 5 Star all-inclusives let themselves down a little when it comes to food and drink, both in quality READ MORE
- The family friendly Four Seasons Resort forms an exclusive enclave by the coral reefs to the north east of Bora Bora and offers overwater bungalows, and beach villas, that are spacious, sleek and very well equipped. Their style is more modernist than most and they have the feel of luxury design apartments where everything feels crisp, clean and new. All come with tremendous views over Mount Otemanu and the lagoon, the overwater bungalows particularly, and the resort itself is a pleasure to stroll around with plenty to do and see, and a cosy, friendly, atmosphere throughout. Though the vibe is, this being Bora Bora, generally one of romantic indulgence, The Four Seasons takes care of children better than most with a kid’s club and plenty of organized activities for both youngsters and teens. THE ACCOMMODATION: Four Seasons Resort Bora Bora has one hundred over-water bungalows and seven beachfront villas to choose from, ranging in size from 1070 ft² to over 3200 ft², with a maximum occupancy of 6 for the larger units. Check out your options on the booking page here. All are extremely comfortable, spacious and beautifully styled, with teak woods and pastel shaded soft furnishings. The outside spaces are expansive and well kitted out, with the overwater bungalows having private access to the water as well as outdoor showers, chaises lounges, circular daybeds and dining tables. All the overwaters have internal glass floor panels to watch the sea life in the lagoon below too and some also have plunge pools on the deck. You can expect King size beds as standard in all of the units as well as plasma screen satellite TVs, DVD players, coffee machines, mini fridges, music stations etc. in the lounge areas. All the bathrooms come with nice, large and deep, baths and with some opening out to the sea via sliding doors. Room service is 24 hours and the service throughout the resort, which also provides concierge and business services, is of the highest quality. FACILITIES & THINGS TO DO: You can enjoy some tremendous food at the Four Seasons, where you have a choice of four venues from casual to fine dining. READ MORE
- The award winning, adults only, Palafitos El Dorado Resort was the very first overwater bungalow resort in Mexico, (there are now still just two the other being the very nearby Rosewood Mayakoba) and consistently sets the standard for luxury, adults only, all inclusive resorts. It has a fabulous location on Maroma Beach, Playa del Carmen, rated one of the world’s best beaches, the gourmet food and drink is of the highest quality, there are numerous activities to enjoy, and the resort is intimate, romantic and at the same time fun. THE ACCOMMODATION: The thirty overwater bungalows at Palafitos El Dorado were the very first overwater bungalows in Mexico and come with all the features you would expect from such a top class resort; glass floor panels, jacuzzis, private infinity pools, outdoor showers and direct access to the crystal clear waters below your feet. There are two basic types; the ‘Beachfront Bungalows’ are close the shore while the ‘Superior Bungalows’ are out in the open water and so are more peaceful and give more of a at one with the water feeling. Check them out on the booking page here. Both are pretty much identical in every other way though and, covering nearly 600 square feet, they are modern internally and suitably luxurious, with extra large, terrifically comfortable double beds, a seating/dining area, sections of glass bottom floor, a jacuzzi, an infinity type plunge pool on the terrace over looking the water plus an outdoor shower. Other facilities include WiFi, cable TV, air con, iPod docks, mini bar, 24 hour room service and a private butler. FACILITIES & THINGS TO DO: This is an all inclusive resort with a great emphasis on gourmet food and drink, with much of the ingredients coming fresh from their own 76,000 sq. ft. greenhouses. You have a great choice of restaurants as well as small, informal ‘Gourmet Tasting Corners’ serving everything from Mexican and Caribbean to Oriental and Italian, with the main restaurant being the Overwater Grill & Wine Bar which features two glass-floor dining rooms with spectacular views, and has a great array of international food; everything from burgers and fish to tacos, brochettes READ MORE
- The low key, 5 star resort of Le Méridien offers perhaps the best value around in terms of luxury overwater bungalows and villas in Bora Bora. It does not have the same show-stopping sense of opulence as some other nearby resorts; the St. Regis or The Four Seasons for example, which feature some really quite enormous accommodation, but though the largest overwater bungalows at the Le Méridien cover not much more than 540 ft², they are just as luxurious, stylish and well equipped. So if you feel having acres of extra space is not worth the extra premium price then Le Méridien is for you. One popular feature of most Bora Bora overwater bungalows are glass floor viewing panels which allow you to gaze directly at the colorful sea life in the waters below. Le Méridien gets extra points in this regard, boasting the largest glass floors of any resort in the whole of French Polynesia. Le Méridien is family friendly but has a relaxed, intimate atmosphere that is more suited to couples. You will also find it noticeably quieter than many of the other resorts, especially in the evenings, something which adds to the sense of a secret, romantic hideaway. THE ACCOMMODATION: Le Méridien doesn’t have the same breath of accommodation choices as some other resorts but what it has are classic overwater bungalows that are cosy and intimate, and blend traditional Polynesian design and decor with modern facilities and features, including the above mentioned large glass floor panels which cover most of the lounge areas. The resort also offers similarly pleasant beach villas and suites, all of which are, including the overwater bungalows, one double bedroom but most of which also have a sofa bed in the lounge area for extra guests if required. Check out all your options on the booking page here. The outside spaces have seating and lounging furniture, as well as, in the case of the overwater bungalows, direct access to the water. King size beds are standard at Le Méridien and all of the accommodation is kitted out with modern necessities; AC, WiFi, mini bar, flat screen satellite TVs etc. Room service is READ MORE
- One of only two overwater bungalow resorts in Mexico, the other being the nearby Palafitos El Dorado Resort, Rosewood Mayakoba shares the same serene beach setting, high quality accommodation and excellent service and facilities, in particular its award winning spa. THE ACCOMMODATION: The resort has 129 sleek and modern suites and villas of varying sizes from 780 sq. ft. to 1500 sq. ft, all of which come with an array of luxury facilities and the very finest interior design, none more so than their overwater bungalows, or Lagoon Suites as they are titled. They eschew the traditional thatched hut style for a more sleek, modern design, and boast private plunge pools and spacious open plan bathrooms with bathtubs and indoor and outdoor showers. They are adults only with a maximum occupancy of two, and feel very spacious with 977 sq. ft. of interior space and 498 sq. ft. of private terrace outside which has the infinity style plunge pool (that can be heated, rather unnecessarily perhaps..). Internally they have a large double bedroom with walk in closets, a lounge area with seating and a dining table. In room facilities include WiFi, Satellite TV, DVD player, iPod docks, Bose music systems and 24 hour room service. FACILITIES & THINGS TO DO: Though the overwater bungalows at Rosewood Mayakoba, like in most places, are adults only, the resort itself is family friendly, there is in fact a kids club here, and children can be accommodated in the other suites and villas. There are a number of fantastic restaurants to choose from here; Caso del Lago serves Italian with a Mexican twist, Agave Azul mainly does Asian influenced seafood dishes, Punta Bonita is a Mexican bistro while the cool Aqui Mi Quedo serves Mexican and Caribbean street food, has a casual bar like atmosphere, and is adults only. La Fondita is a Mexico City style informal tostaderia with indoor and outdoor seating and with a menu mainly composed of small dishes and snacks including some signature tostadas and fresh ceviche. A special mention goes to La Ceiba, a 20,000-square-foot outdoor fine dining experience that is more than just a restaurant. The food here READ MORE