DREAM OVER WATER
An exclusive, hand picked collection of the world’s finest luxury overwater bungalows & villas
In partnership with:
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
A SELECTION OF OUR LISTINGS:
- One of only two overwater bungalow resorts in Jamaica (the other being Sandals Royal Caribbean), Sandals South Coast is a 5 star luxury, adults only, all inclusive resort which offers pure Epicurean indulgence in a glorious beachside setting. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a wide range of luxury accommodation to choose from, between rooms, suites and overwater bungalows, all offering varying levels of space, luxury and privacy. Check your options on the booking page here. Their 1,100 square feet overwater bungalows (referred to as ‘Deluxe Bungalow with Sea View’ on the booking page) are suitably plush and luxurious, and come with outdoor sun decks with soaking tubs and overwater hammocks, internal glass floor panels, particularly nice, spa style bathrooms, 24 hour room service and an exclusive in-room dining and room service menu. FACILITIES & THINGS TO DO: Sandals South Coast is very large indeed with different European themed sections, French Village, Italian Village, Dutch Village and Venetian Piazza. There is a lot going on around the resort though the overwater bungalow section is slightly away from it all and so very peaceful. You have nine gourmet restaurants to choose from which serve consistently excellent European, Asian and Caribbean cuisine, as well as eleven different bars with a range of musical, and other, entertainment, and a huge range of premium drinks. You can do some duty-free shopping at the collection of resort boutiques and luxury jewelers, browse art galleries or play sports such as beach volleyball, tennis, billiards, table tennis and shuffle board. There is a state of the art gym and fitness center here, and the tranquil oasis of the Red Lane Spa has, amongst other things, a beauty salon, a yoga-pilates studio, a steam room, plunge pools and several secluded outdoor relaxation areas. The all inclusive package grants guests access to a wide range of water based activities; water skiing, snorkeling, scuba diving, kayaking, wake boarding, wind surfing, glass bottom boat trips etc. etc. and on dry land you can play beach volleyball, tennis, billiards, shuffleboard and table tennis. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “One of the most enjoyable experiences of my life. Loved everything. The beaches, the staff, the attention READ MORE
- The very lovely, and very intimate, adults only, Sofitel Bora Bora has its own private island with crystal clear waters and coral gardens just two minutes boat ride from the southern end of the main Island, or a 30 minutes boat shuttle ride direct from Bora Bora Airport. The Sofitel has just 30 bungalows & villas and so is very much a boutique resort, and most certainly a place for peace, quiet and indulgent calm and contentment. THE ACCOMMODATION: This intimate oasis is particularly geared towards couples and honeymooners and so all its accommodation choices are doubles. There are two types of villa on offer; twenty classic overwater bungalows out on the lagoon and ten more private jungle lodges surrounded by trees and overlooking the water. You can take a look at your options on the booking page here. Both are roughly the same size, and at around 370 ft² are relatively small. They all come with King size bed as standard though, as well as a living space, an outdoor terrace/sun lounge and private access to the water. Expect all standard luxury hotel mod cons here, and excellent room service (though only from 6:00 to 21:30). Concierge services are available too and you’ll find them happy to oblige all sorts of requests. FACILITIES & THINGS TO DO: You can enjoy gourmet Polynesian and French food, as well as quality French wines (it has an extensive wine cellar), at the Manu Tuki Restaurant. It has a very lovely setting, with views over the peaceful lagoon, and of the towering Mount Otemanu away in the distance. Moving on from there you can enjoy some beautifully crafted cocktails, and other drinks at the cosy Mako Bar, which has similarly beautiful views from its wooden terrace and also serves food and snacks throughout the day. If you want to make any day or evening extra special all sorts of romantic extras are available, such as gourmet dining on the beach or sunset champagne evenings with traditional Polynesian dance shows. Private, bespoke arrangements can also be made, for the above or for any other suitably romantic gesture you have in mind; the concierge team READ MORE
- Just a ten-minute shuttle boat ride from Motu Mute Airport, and fifteen minutes across the lagoon from the town of Vaitape, lies the little island of Tevairoa and the wondrous setting for the 4 Star Bora Bora Pearl Beach Resort. The resort has a total of 80 accommodation units comprising overwater bungalows, beach villas and garden villas, but feels rather small and boutique-resort like. It also feels somewhat more traditionally Polynesian than other resorts around Bora Bora, in terms of architecture, style and general laid back atmosphere. It is family friendly, and has activities for children, but wouldn’t really define itself as such, maintaining well the tricky balance between keeping children content and offering the last word in romantic experience. THE ACCOMMODATION: You have a choice between garden suites, beachfront suites or classic overwater bungalows. The suites are nestled among tropical plants, have their own private pool and, being able to sleep up to five, are the most suitable for families. The beachfront suites have a private hot tub/jacuzzi and some lovely views across the sands but of course the overwater bungalows have that extra romantic feel as well as direct access to the water and the resort’s coral nurseries. Check out your options on the booking page here. All the accommodation is top luxury hotel standard, boasting all modern facilities, while the design and decor generally display even more Polynesian influence than other Bora Bora resorts with lots of sleek wood panelling and traditional art pieces. FACILITIES & THINGS TO DO: The dining and drinking choices are limited but of the highest quality. The Tevairoa Restaurant & Bar serves up top quality international food with Polynesian influences and has native music and dance performances on most evenings while the Miki Miki Bar & Restaurant serves up snacks and dishes throughout the day and has a great selection of drinks, from fancy cocktails to old ports and rums. At the Tavai Spa, nestled away in tropical foliage and surrounded by lily ponds, you can indulge yourself in all sorts of health and beauty treatments; Vichy body scrubs, traditional ‘Taurumi’ massages, hot stone massages with fragrant monoi oil and plenty more. READ MORE
- The tropical gardens of the InterContinental Tahiti Resort & Spa lie just five minutes from Tahiti Airport and not much more than ten from downtown Papeeete. The super convenient location means it’s a place where many people get their very first experience of a classic Polynesian resort, and an overwater bungalow stay. It is a large, fairly busy resort and you’ll find it more lively, both day and night (it’s got a 24 hour bar for example), than any similar resort on the likes of Bora Bora and Moorea and so wouldn’t be such an ideal place for say a relaxing, romantic honeymoon. Two negatives compared to similar resorts in Bora Bora (their more famous sister hotel for example) are 1) that though you have lovely views across the sea to the island of Moorea, the immediate surroundings are not nearly as beautiful and 2) that the overwater bungalows here skirt the shoreline meaning you don’t get quite as much of that nice floating on the sea feeling. Despite that it is still a fabulous, 5 Star resort and many will prefer the buzz of a more lively place. You’ll find lots to do here with shops, fine restaurants, fun bars, a fabulous spa and plenty of water sports and other activities to pass the time with. That plus the fact that you’re so close to the capital city of Pape’ete means it’s pretty difficult to get bored. THE ACCOMMODATION: The have a range of accommodation at the Intercontinental, mainly rooms at the main hotel building which come in various sizes and which have balconies with garden and sea views, but also overwater bungalows with outdoor terraces and access to the water. Check your options on the booking page here. All the accommodation choices are nicely designed and decorated, displaying a nice fusion between modern and traditional Polynesian styling. It is a 5 Star resort and so you can also expect all the accommodation to have a luxurious feel, both in the quality of the fabrics and fittings, and in the array of modern facilities. The service here is top class also. FACILITIES & THINGS TO DO: The main choices of READ MORE
- Sandals Royal Caribbean was the very first, and still one of only two, overwater bungalow resorts in Jamaica (the other being Sandals South Coast). It is a very much luxury, couples only, all inclusive private island paradise near Montego Bay and Sangster International Airport. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a good range of accommodation to choose from; hotel rooms, suites and overwater bungalows, offering varying levels of space and luxury to suit most budgets. Check your options on the booking page here. Their beautifully designed overwater bungalows were Jamaica and the Caribbean’s very first and have set the standards high from the very beginning. They have a tangible sense of luxury, are sleek, modern and spacious (just over 1,100 square feet), and come with outdoor terraces, infinity plunge pools, glass floor panels, romantic spa style bathrooms with bathtubs, a wealth of modern facilities and 24 hour rooms service with an exclusive in-room dining menu. FACILITIES & THINGS TO DO: You have a nice choice of food and drink outlets from casual eateries and lively bars to elegant fine dining restaurants, serving French, Thai, Caribbean sea-food and international cuisine. If that somehow isn’t enough you can also jump on the free shuttle to Sandal’s two other Montego Bay resorts where even more choice awaits, all of which is included in your all inclusive package. There are seven swimming pools at the resort, including two swim up bars, five jacuzzis and a small but utterly gorgeous stretch of private beach. There is live entertainment most evenings at various places around the resort; beach parties, live music shows and cultural performances. The all inclusive package allows you access to a great range of water sports; snorkeling, scuba diving, kayaking, jet skiing etc. etc., and on dry land you can play beach volleyball, tennis, billiards, shuffleboard and table tennis. There is also a fitness center/ gym at the resort and their luxurious, South East Asian themed Red Lane Spa offers a range of high quality health and beauty treatments. The staff at The Royal Caribbean have a relaxed, friendly manner but are efficient and dedicated, their private butlers in particular receiving great praise from guests. READ MORE
- The Float House River Kwai Resort is a uniquely romantic floating hotel in western Thailand. Its luxury villas float on the waters of the River Kwai and can only be reached by boat, so offer very much the sensation of getting away from it all. This is not some primitive jungle camp though, it is a luxury boutique resort with overwater villas that are extremely spacious and comfortable, and equipped with all modern luxury hotel conveniences. THE ACCOMMODATION: Their villas are are all two bedroom, one double and one twin, and all almost identical; there are no ‘standard’ or ‘superior’ villas or the like here, so the only thing that you may like to request is to stay in one of the two villas at the ends of the floating complex, which offer a bit more privacy. You can put a note on the booking form to request, though it might be a difficult thing to guarantee especially in high season. Beyond that your accommodation choices are: B&B villa, with breakfast only, half board or full-board. Going for full-board makes the most sense. The buffet food included in the package is excellent quality and even if it weren’t, as the place is so isolated, unless you bring your own food you will be spending extra to eat at the same restaurant anyway. Check out all the details on the booking page here. The villas have around 90 square meters/1,000 square feet of space and have a nice, natural elegance; their thatched roofs, teakwood furniture and natural materials allowing you to feel at least a little in harmony with nature. If being too much in harmony with the deep jungle scares the hell out of some of you, rest assured you will have modern luxury hotel facilities too; air-con, mosquito nets, WiFi, flat-screen satellite TVs, DVD players, coffee machines, mini bars, very comfy thick mattress with luxurious linens etc. Apart from the two bedrooms you have a lounge area, very nice bathrooms with rainfall showers, and a private outside terrace with seating and lounging furniture. FACILITIES & THINGS TO DO: The setting for this resort is really quite special and many READ MORE
- The family friendly Four Seasons Resort forms an exclusive enclave by the coral reefs to the north east of Bora Bora and offers overwater bungalows, and beach villas, that are spacious, sleek and very well equipped. Their style is more modernist than most and they have the feel of luxury design apartments where everything feels crisp, clean and new. All come with tremendous views over Mount Otemanu and the lagoon, the overwater bungalows particularly, and the resort itself is a pleasure to stroll around with plenty to do and see, and a cosy, friendly, atmosphere throughout. Though the vibe is, this being Bora Bora, generally one of romantic indulgence, The Four Seasons takes care of children better than most with a kid’s club and plenty of organized activities for both youngsters and teens. THE ACCOMMODATION: Four Seasons Resort Bora Bora has one hundred over-water bungalows and seven beachfront villas to choose from, ranging in size from 1070 ft² to over 3200 ft², with a maximum occupancy of 6 for the larger units. Check out your options on the booking page here. All are extremely comfortable, spacious and beautifully styled, with teak woods and pastel shaded soft furnishings. The outside spaces are expansive and well kitted out, with the overwater bungalows having private access to the water as well as outdoor showers, chaises lounges, circular daybeds and dining tables. All the overwaters have internal glass floor panels to watch the sea life in the lagoon below too and some also have plunge pools on the deck. You can expect King size beds as standard in all of the units as well as plasma screen satellite TVs, DVD players, coffee machines, mini fridges, music stations etc. in the lounge areas. All the bathrooms come with nice, large and deep, baths and with some opening out to the sea via sliding doors. Room service is 24 hours and the service throughout the resort, which also provides concierge and business services, is of the highest quality. FACILITIES & THINGS TO DO: You can enjoy some tremendous food at the Four Seasons, where you have a choice of four venues from casual to fine dining. READ MORE
- The 5 Star, Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora Resort is a private enclave surrounded by crystal clear waters and pure white sands near to both Moorea Airport, and to the island’s main ferry dock which has regular ferries running the hour long journey to and from Tahiti. It is a beautiful place, and if you’re coming, as most people are, straight from Tahiti both it and the island of Moorea will really offer the wow factor. The setting ticks all the boxes for a classic Polynesian island stay; balmy turquoise waters, powdery white sands (the beach alongside is consistently rated one of the best in Polynesia) and lush green tropical foliage, while the resort itself is small, intimate and oozes romantic indulgence. Sofitel is family friendly but it doesn’t have much in the way of specific facilities for kids. In general though they will be well looked after by the helpful, cheerful staff. Baby sitting/child minding services are also available. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a range of bungalows and villas, mainly overwater but with a few beach and garden villas too, ranging in size from 450 to 800 square feet. All are sleek and modern in style with lots of polished wood, soft lighting and pastel colored fabrics, though also with that classic, traditional Polynesian look externally. The overwater bungalows are particularly nice at the Sofitel Moorea and all come with outside terraces, giving direct access to the water, and glass floor viewing panels inside. They are, not surprisingly, the most popular choice and, though almost double the price of the cheapest, garden based bungalows, are probably worth the extra splurge. Check out your options on the booking page here. You’ll find all the usual 5 Star hotel facilites at the Sofitel, there is a concierge service here and in general throughout the resort the service is impeccable. FACILITIES & THINGS TO DO: The resort has two acclaimed restaurants; Pure, which offers quality international and local dishes, both buffet and a la carte and has live entertainment on some evenings. It is also where their huge buffet breakfast is served in the morning. Then there is the simply titled Le K, READ MORE