No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
The term luxury overwater bungalows might seem something of an unnecessary embellishment as underwater bungalows are almost always a luxury vacation experience.
That being said though, some of you will want to be guaranteed the very highest standards in accommodation, service and facilities, and that means 5 Star standards.
We've done the research for you and so here now are our choices for, and reviews of, the best luxury 5 Star overwater bungalows & water villas in 2021.
All our chosen resorts come with instant online booking and a lowest price guarantee via our affiliate partners at Booking.com & Expedia.
- Banana Island is an island paradise just off the coast of Doha which is home to Qatar’s only overwater bungalows, and one of only two overwater bungalow resorts in the Gulf region (the other being the Palm Resort in Dubai). All are three bedroom units and cover a full 2370 sq. feet/220 sq. meters, so for sheer scale alone they are very impressive. They are also nicely designed, sleek and very luxurious, as you might well expect from one of Qatar’s finest luxury resorts. Banana Island has a very highly rated spa and wellness center, commonly thought of as the country’s best, seven restaurants to choose from and a host of leisure and sports activities both land and water based including golf, tennis, ten pin bowling, scuba diving, snorkeling, boating, fishing, etc. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a good range of accommodation choices all of which are spacious and luxurious. Even their cheapest rooms will be at least 500 sq. feet and display high levels of comfort and more than a touch of class. Pride of place though of course goes to their fabulous overwater villas. They are as mentioned enormous with three bedrooms centered around a central living area, which has a giant TV and lounging and dining areas, leading out to a very spacious and well furnished terrace which also includes a private plunge pool. Their sleek bathrooms are noteworthy and come with especially inviting curved bath tubs. Each has also a small kitchen/kitchenette area which, though not a deal breaker of course, may disappoint somewhat, especially when the rest of the villa is so bold and grand. They come with a microwave oven, fridge and pod coffee maker. There are only 11 overwater villas in total at Banana Island and they can be booked out. If that’s the case the rest of the accommodation doesn’t have to be such a downgrade, our favorite alternative in such a case would be the ‘Two Bedroom luxury Sea View Pool Villa’. Note: Banana Island is an alcohol free resort. Note 2: All couples must present a marriage certificate on check in. PRICES: Check out all the details – prices, reviews READ MORE
- Address: Five Islands Village
Antigua and BarbudaFirst opening its doors in May 2019, Royalton Antigua is an all inclusive resort that boasts Antigua’s very first, and still only, overwater bungalows. The resort offers opulence and luxury and has a choice setting on the clear, calm waters of Antigua’s Deep Bay, less than twenty minutes from St. John’s, and a half an hour from V. C. Bird International Airport. THE ACCOMMODATION: The accommodation choices are many, with of course the overwater bungalows taking pride of place. They cover a full 1442 square feet and have king size bedrooms, lounges (with sofa bed), dining areas and gorgeous outdoor terraces overlooking the Caribbean. They are also sleek, sophisticated and luxurious. Expect private infinity plunge pools, jacuzzis, glass floor viewing panels, private butlers and 24 hour room service as well as in-room aromatherapy, satellite TV, top of the range music systems, complimentary IPTV movie selections, twice daily re-stocked minibars and a pillow menu for example. The other accommodation choices are a mixture of suites in different locations around the private beach and all of them share the same sleek interiors and modern luxury features. They can all sleep up to four but are generally smaller than the overwater bungalows which have over 1,100 square feet (106 square meters) of space. Note: Children (under 13) are not allowed to stay in the overwater bungalows, hence we have placed The Royalton in the Adults Only category. In all the other accommodation though children are welcome. PRICES: Check out all the details – prices, reviews and more photos, on their Booking.com page here and on their Expedia.com page here. Note: Like most luxury overwater bungalows in the Caribbean the overwater bungalows at Royalton Antigua are incredibly sought after – Covid notwithstanding, for the 2021 season you should really reserve your stay as soon as possible. You are allowed free cancellation on most bookings. FACILITIES & THINGS TO DO: The resort has seven restaurants in total, with complimentary in-room private dinner and drinks service also available. The choice of food is enormous with a mixture of Caribbean, American and European to be enjoyed, both buffet and a la carte. Each eatery has a READ MORE
- Address: Sandals South Coast
JamaicaOne of only two overwater bungalow resorts in Jamaica (the other being Sandals Royal Caribbean), Sandals South Coast is a 5 star luxury, adults only, all inclusive resort which offers pure Epicurean indulgence in a gloriously isolated beach setting. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a wide range of luxury accommodation to choose from, between rooms, suites and overwater bungalows, all offering varying levels of space, luxury and privacy. Their 1,100 square feet overwater bungalows (referred to as ‘Honeymoon Room, 1 Bedroom, Ocean View (Over the Water Butler Bungalow)’ on the booking page) are suitably plush and luxurious, and come with outdoor sun decks with soaking tubs and overwater hammocks, internal glass floor panels, particularly nice, spa style bathrooms, personal butler service and an exclusive in-room dining and room service menu. PRICES: Check out all the details – prices, reviews and more photos, on the resort’s own website (Sandals) here, and on their Expedia.com page here. Note: Like all luxury overwater bungalows in the Caribbean the overwater bungalows at Sandals South Coast are incredibly sought after – Covid-19 notwithstanding, for the 2021 season you should really reserve your stay as soon as possible. You are allowed free cancellation on most bookings. FACILITIES & THINGS TO DO: Sandals South Coast is very large indeed with different European themed sections, French Village, Italian Village, Dutch Village and Venetian Piazza. There is a lot going on around the resort though the overwater bungalow section is slightly away from it all and so very peaceful. You have nine gourmet restaurants to choose from which serve consistently excellent European, Asian and Caribbean cuisine, as well as eleven different bars with a range of musical, and other, entertainment, and a huge range of premium drinks. You can do some duty-free shopping at the collection of resort boutiques and luxury jewelers, browse art galleries or play sports such as beach volleyball, tennis, billiards, table tennis and shuffle board. There is a state of the art gym and fitness center here, and the tranquil oasis of the Red Lane Spa has, amongst other things, a beauty salon, a yoga-pilates studio, a steam room, plunge pools and several secluded outdoor READ MORE
- Address: Pigeon Island, Gros Islet
Saint LuciaSandals, fresh from their success with overwater bungalows in Jamaica, quickly turned their sights to St Lucia, and here at the all-inclusive, adults only, Sandals Grande St. Lucian resort you can expect the same high levels of luxury, sophistication and service. It is very much an opulent romantic getaway, being adults only and attracting a well heeled clientele, but the atmosphere is friendly, relaxed and rarely stuffy. Their overwater bungalows are a honeymoon favorite and with only nine of them they are generally booked out well in advance. They come with glass floor panels, tranquility soaking tubs, private patios and over-water hammocks amongst other special features. They also have a 24 hour personal butler service and the service throughout the resort is top notch – efficient and professional but also relaxed and personable. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have an enormous range of accommodation at the resort, with the above mentioned overwater bungalows being the most popular. These have a spacious, luxurious feel with hardwood floors, vaulted ceilings, king-size beds with soft linens and plush pillows, smart TVs, sun decks, outdoor showers, swish bathrooms and 24 hour personal butler service. Many of the other choices well match, if not surpass, the style and sophistication of the overwaters though just without the novelty of having the ocean directly under your feet. The beachside suites in particular are extremely opulent and very much worth considering if the overwaters are not free. PRICES: Check out all the details – prices, reviews and more photos, on the resort’s own website (Sandals) here, and on their Expedia.com page here. Note: Like all luxury overwater bungalows in the Caribbean the overwater bungalows at Sandals Grande St. Lucian are incredibly sought after – Covid-19 notwithstanding, for the 2021 season you should really reserve your stay as soon as possible. You are allowed free cancellation on most bookings. FACILITIES & THINGS TO DO: Sandals Grande St. Lucian is a huge resort with 311 accommodation units, twelve restaurants and six bars including a British Pub and a swim-up pool bar. All of this is all-inclusive of course and the quality and variety of the food is impressive, as is the ever READ MORE
- A strong candidate for the best luxury resort in Mauritius, the 5 Star Constance Le Prince Maurice, just an hour from Port Louis and its international airport, is a divine slice of paradise and one which boasts the country’s only overwater bungalows. There are just eleven in total though – eight junior suites and three particularly spacious and luxurious water villas – so be prepared to book well in advance. Though the height of luxury and beautifully styled they have just one drawback, that is that they sit over a lagoon fish sanctuary which, though it features much interesting sea life, means you are not allowed to swim just outside your door. Once that disappointment is overcome though these overwater bungalows leave very little else to complain about and the Constance Prince Maurice in general is a truly fantastic resort. It has excellent spa facilities and a whole host of activities can be enjoyed including water-sports and golf at not one but two different 18 hole championship golf courses. Though the resort mainly caters for romantic getaways, honeymoons etc. children can and do come here too, and the Prince Maurice Kids Club does a fine job looking after them. THE ACCOMMODATION: Constance Le Prince Maurice has 89 suites and villas spread over 150 acres of stunning beach, lagoon and lush tropical gardens. The overwater bungalows, as mentioned above, sit on the lagoon and are of two types – suites and villas. Both are beautifully designed and furnished in the traditional Pacific style and feel incredibly romantic. They only major difference between the suites and villas is their respective sizes. The suites come in at a respectable 753 square feet (70 m²) and have one double bedroom with a seating area, a lovely outdoor terrace plus some very swish bathrooms The villas though are over twice the size at 1,400 square feet (130 m² ). Along with a larger bedroom they also come with a separate lounge/living room plus dining space, and have a whirlpool bath/jacuzzi in the bathroom and a soak tub outside on the terrace. Beyond the overwaters the beachside accommodation at Constance Prince Maurice is equally impressive. READ MORE
- The tropical gardens of the InterContinental Tahiti Resort & Spa lie just five minutes from Tahiti Airport and not much more than ten from downtown Papeete. The super convenient location means it’s a place where many people get their very first experience of a classic Polynesian resort, and an overwater bungalow stay. It is a large, fairly busy resort and you’ll find it more lively, both day and night (it’s got a 24 hour bar for example), than any similar resort on the likes of Bora Bora and Moorea. The overwater bungalows section though is more quiet and peaceful, relatively speaking, and so you in some ways you can have a romantic getaway or honeymoon while still being able to enjoy the buzz of a lively resort. You’ll find lots to do here with shops, fine restaurants, fun bars, a fabulous spa and plenty of water sports and other activities to pass the time with. That plus the fact that you’re so close to the capital city of Pape’ete means it’s almost impossible to get bored. THE ACCOMMODATION: The have a range of accommodation at the Intercontinental, mainly rooms at the main hotel building which come in various sizes and which have balconies with garden and sea views, but also overwater bungalows with outdoor terraces and lovely views of Moorea Island just across the water. These overwater bungalows are in two sections. Eight 400 square feet/37 square meter units surround the resort’s motu (islet) where the lagoonarium and the main pool are situated, while the others are down a coast with a wooden walkway placing them a little farther out on the ocean. The latter are referred to as Overwater Motu Bungalows on the booking page and come with 400 square feet/37 square meters of internal space and an impressive 344 square feet/ 32 square meter terrace. The Lagoon Bungalows come in two sizes – the standard models are larger internally than the Motu Bungalows but smaller externally – 414 square feet/39 square meters indoors with a 129 square feet/12 square meter terrace. The Superior Bungalows, the pick of the bunch at this resort, are a similar size indoors READ MORE
- The overwater bungalows at Banyan Tree Mayakoba open in June 2021. Reservations can be made now. The newest of only three overwater bungalows in Mexico, the other two being the nearby Palafitos El Dorado Resort and the even more nearby Rosewood Mayakoba, Banyan Tree Mayakoba is an exclusive resort near Playa del Carmen which has won consistently great reviews for its eco friendly principles, its choice setting, its luxury accommodation and facilities (including golf course and spa), exceptional service and excellent food. The overwater bungalows (listed as Lagoon Sunset Pool Villa on the booking page) won’t be open until June 2021 so we sadly haven’t had the chance to check them out yet. If the rest of this fabulous resort is anything to go by though, they will be top of the range. Two minor quibbles may be that externally the style is more chalet-like than the kind of traditional, rustic Polynesian you may have come to expect from an overwater bungalow and secondly – like those of the very nearby Rosewood Mayakoba – they stand over the lagoon as opposed to the sea. That aside though their extremely plush interiors, set over two floors, sense of private space and overall aesthetic are bound to please. And in general Banyan Tree is a thoroughly enjoyable resort. THE ACCOMMODATION: The above mentioned overwater bungalows are listed as Lagoon Sunset Pool Villa on the booking page. They are all doubles with king size bed and seem very spacious – over two floors they cover a full 2400 square feet / 222 sq. meters. They have a (heated – quite unnecessarily perhaps!) plunge pool on the private terrace which has views over the lagoon. Their bathrooms promise to be particularly nice with spa baths as standard. As with the resort in general, the overall aesthetic with the overwater villas seems to be harmony with nature. The decor and furniture are generally of wood or other organic materials and plentiful native Yucatan, potted plants give them an earthy, jungly vibe. These overwater villas are eagerly awaited, and there are only 6 in total, so you can be expect to be disappointed unless booking READ MORE
- Anantara The Palm Resort Dubai is a fabulous 5 Star resort with 400 meters of private shoreline on Dubai’s world famous Palm Jumeirah. It has tremendous facilities, including a very opulent spa, and its accommodation is seen as among the very best in the city. Even better for the Anantara is that it is the only resort in Dubai with overwater bungalows. (Note: Palm Jumeirah is also home to Dubai’s only underwater hotel – you can check it out here.) THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a great selection of luxury accommodation – the above mentioned overwater bungalows, or Over Water Villas as they describe them, being the star attraction (book early if at all possible). Being such a top class resort even their most ‘basic’ accommodation – the ‘Standard Rooms’ are neither basic nor standard, they cover 38 square meters/409 square feet and have balconies with a view over the lagoon. That being said though a relatively small step up in price can offer you more space and just that little bit of extra wow factor with the Premier and Deluxe Rooms. An extra jump in price allows you to choose between apartments and very classy beach villas. Their 18 overwater bungalows though are the main attraction at Anantara The Palm and are designed and decorated to reflect the resort’s South East Asian theme. They stand out on the lagoon like mini Thai temples and are as striking inside as out with high vaulted ceilings and sleek furniture and fittings. They also all have that classic overwater bungalow feature – glass floors panels – to watch the underwater life, spacious outside terraces and very opulent bathrooms with huge bathtubs with a view. PRICES: Check out all the details – prices, reviews & more photos, on the Booking.com page here and on the Resort’s Own Website (Anantara) here. FACILITIES & THINGS TO DO: Anantara The Palm Resort is a tremendous resort and the quality of the accommodation is equalled by the quality of its facilities. It has a very extensive, award winning spa and wellness center, the Anantara Balance. Here you can enjoy a huge amount of health and beauty treatments READ MORE
- The low key, 5 star resort of Le Méridien offers perhaps the best value around in terms of luxury overwater bungalows and villas in Bora Bora. It does not have the same show-stopping sense of opulence as some other nearby resorts; the St. Regis or The Four Seasons for example, which feature some really quite enormous accommodation, but though the largest overwater bungalows at the Le Méridien cover not much more than 540 ft², they are just as luxurious, stylish and well equipped. So if you feel having acres of extra space is not worth the extra premium price then Le Méridien is for you. One popular feature of most Bora Bora overwater bungalows are glass floor viewing panels which allow you to gaze directly at the colorful sea life in the waters below. Le Méridien gets extra points in this regard, boasting the largest glass floors of any resort in the whole of French Polynesia. Le Méridien is family friendly but has a relaxed, intimate atmosphere that is more suited to couples. You will also find it noticeably quieter than many of the other resorts, especially in the evenings, something which adds to the sense of a secret, romantic hideaway. THE ACCOMMODATION: Le Méridien doesn’t have the same breath of accommodation choices as some other resorts but what it has are classic overwater bungalows that are cosy and intimate, and blend traditional Polynesian design and decor with modern facilities and features, including the above mentioned large glass floor panels which cover most of the lounge areas. The resort also offers similarly pleasant beach villas and suites, all of which are, including the overwater bungalows, one double bedroom but most of which also have a sofa bed in the lounge area for extra guests if required. The outside spaces have seating and lounging furniture, as well as, in the case of the overwater bungalows, direct access to the water. King size beds are standard at Le Méridien and all of the accommodation is kitted out with modern necessities; AC, WiFi, mini bar, flat screen satellite TVs etc. Room service is 24 hours, there are also concierge and business services READ MORE
- One of the only three overwater bungalow resorts in Mexico, the others being the nearby Banyan Tree Mayakoba and Palafitos El Dorado resorts. Rosewood Mayakoba shares the same serene beach setting near Cancun, top quality accommodation, service and facilities, in particular its award winning spa. THE ACCOMMODATION: The resort has 129 sleek and modern suites and villas of varying sizes from 780 sq. ft. to 1500 sq. ft, all of which come with an array of luxury facilities and the very finest interior design. Their overwater bungalows, or Deluxe Lagoon Suites as they are titled, may disappoint a little compared to those of neighboring Palafitos as they are not 100% over water and overlook the lagoon as opposed to the sea. That aside though, they have a sleek and classy modern design, and a feel of real luxury. Features include private plunge pools, spacious open plan bathrooms with bathtubs, indoor and outdoor showers, walk in closets and a separate lounge area with seating and dining space. Facilities include WiFi, Satellite TV, DVD player, iPod docks, Bose music systems, personal butlers and 24 hour room service. The bungalows are adults only, though the rest of the resort is family friendly, they have a maximum occupancy of two and feel very spacious indeed with 977 sq. ft. of interior space and 498 sq. ft. of private terrace outside which includes an infinity style plunge pool (that can be heated, rather unnecessarily perhaps). PRICES: Check out all the details – prices, reviews and more photos, on the booking page here. FACILITIES & THINGS TO DO: Though the overwater bungalows at Rosewood Mayakoba, like in most places, are adults only, the resort itself is family friendly, there is in fact a kids club, and children can be accommodated in the other suites and villas. There are a number of fantastic restaurants to choose from here; Caso del Lago serves Italian with a Mexican twist, Agave Azul mainly does Asian influenced seafood dishes, Punta Bonita is a Mexican bistro while the cool Aqui Mi Quedo serves Mexican and Caribbean street food, has a casual bar like atmosphere, and is adults only. La Fondita is READ MORE
- Address: Lily Beach Resort
Alifu Dhaalu Atoll
MaldivesLily Beach Resort is a 5 Star all inclusive with an absolutely stunning setting on a private island in southern Ari Atoll, Maldives. Their all inclusive plan offers a generous array of quality services, with a range of free water sports activities and excursions and lots and lots of premium quality food and drink. It is a well known resort and consistently popular; people return here year after year, so advance bookings are recommended. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a choice of overwater villas, beach villas and lagoon villas at Pearl Beach. The typically romantic overwater villas are divided between ‘Deluxe Water Villas’ which have 1356 ft² of space including a private outdoor deck with a jacuzzi plunge pool, and the ‘Sunset Water Villas’ which are a step ahead with 1960 ft² to play with, a proportionally larger deck and larger pool, as well as a 24 hour personal butler service. All the overwater choices have a section of glass floor panels so you can gaze at the sea life below from the comfort of your bungalow. The Lagoon Villas are at the edge of the lagoon and cover just short of 1000 ft², are secluded and private and come with an outdoor bath on the terrace, while the Beach Villas have a nice location right on the beach with a private deck and about 730 ft² of space for the ‘standard’ villas and 1463 ft² for the two bedroom ‘family’ villas, which are effectively two interconnected standard villas. The style is modernist and fairly minimalist, with the emphasis being more on comfort than interior decor, and all the accommodation choices include luxury hotel standard facilities and features as standard; air-conditioning, WiFi, flat-screen TV & home theatre system, tea/coffee making facilities, minibar and safe etc. The bathrooms are all suitably plush too with rainfall showers and spa bathtubs. PRICES: Check out all the details – prices, reviews and more photos, on their Booking.com page here and on their Expedia.com page here. FACILITIES & THINGS TO DO: There are four restaurants and three bars at the resort and the quality of the food and drink is excellent. Many 5 Star all-inclusives READ MORE
- Address: Sandals Cay
JamaicaThe couples-only Sandals Royal Caribbean, near Montego Bay and just minutes from Sangster International Airport, was the very first overwater bungalow resort in Jamaica and indeed the entire Caribbean. The concept was an immediate success and the Sandals company soon followed it with overwater bungalows at Sandals South Coast (also in Jamaica) and in their branch in St. Lucia. Sandals Royal Caribbean though was the ground breaker, or well…water breaker, in this region and its standards have been extremely high from the beginning. It is a high end luxury, all inclusive paradise with a private island (where the overwater bungalows are to be found) top of the range facilities, superb food and drink and consistently excellent service. It also has a tremendous location – getting to most overwater bungalow resorts usually involves a fairly long journey from the nearest airport but here you are, tantalizingly, just minutes (via the resort’s private shuttle) away. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a great range of accommodation to choose from; hotel rooms, suites and overwater bungalows (referred to as ‘Honeymoon Bungalow, 1 Bedroom, Ocean View (Over-the-Water Priv. Island Bungalow’ on the booking page), offering varying levels of space and luxury to suit most budgets. Their beautifully designed overwater bungalows, attached to a gorgeous little private island, have set the standards high from the very beginning. They have a tangible sense of luxury, are sleek, modern and spacious (just over 1,100 square feet), and come with outdoor terraces, infinity plunge pools, large glass floor panels, romantic spa style bathrooms with bathtubs, a wealth of modern facilities and 24 hour room service with an exclusive in-room dining menu. PRICES: Check out all the details – prices, reviews and more photos, on the resort’s own website (Sandals) here, and on their Expedia.com page here. Note: Like all luxury overwater bungalows in the Caribbean the overwater bungalows at Sandals Royal Caribbean are incredibly sought after – Covid-19 notwithstanding, for the 2021 season you should really reserve your stay as soon as possible. You are allowed free cancellation on most bookings. FACILITIES & THINGS TO DO: You have a nice choice of food and drink outlets from casual eateries and READ MORE
- Stella Island Resort in Crete is a 5 Star luxury, adults-only resort with a tremendously good reputation and one which is also home to one of only two overwater bungalow accommodations in Europe. (The other being at Palafitte Resort on the rather more chilly Lake Neuchâtel in Switzerland.) It occupies a private stretch of Crete’s north coast and offers, amongst other things, excellent spa facilities, some of the very best food on the island and the opportunity to enjoy many sports including tennis and water sports. Guests also consistently praise the staff at Stella Island. The resort has various deals for you to choose from: You can go B&B/ breakfast only, have breakfast and dinner included in the room rate or go all-inclusive. In terms of value the breakfast and dinner included option seems the best, but only if you’re not a big drinker – if you’ll be getting stuck into the cocktails every evening then go for the all-inclusive. Stella Island, though large, is far more romantic getaway than party place. There are many lovely bars, lounges and restaurants to choose from but they close relatively early. THE ACCOMMODATION: There are 89 rooms, bungalows and villas at Stella Island, and all are top of the range. It is luxury accommodation but not in any kind of garish way. All are elegant and stylish and exhibit more than a touch of boho chic. Some rooms, on the first floor, have balconies that overlook the huge central lagoon pool while the ground floor rooms allow direct access to it. Their 12 ‘Island Villas’ come with their own private pools, and are relatively good value compared to the rooms. The overwater bungalows come in two forms the first, referred to as ‘Bungalow with Shared Pool’ on the booking page, are relatively small but beautifully designed, furnished and fitted. They feel private, cosy and romantic, and come with a terrace allowing direct access to the lagoon pool, and overwater hammocks. The second though – listed as ‘Grand Overwater Bungalow with Outdoor Jacuzzi’ on the booking page, are far superior. They are spacious and airy with high ceilings and large terraces that also READ MORE
- The 5 Star, adults only Anatara Veli Resort has 67 chic overwater bungalows in a sublime setting just half an hour by speedboat from Mali’s International Airport, Maldives. The location is more private and secluded than other overwater bungalows in the area and is very much designed for romantic getaways. It is still though just a two minute speedboat shuttle to the busier (& family friendly) Anantara Dhigu Resort across the lagoon. There you’ll find a broad range of facilities and entertainment; restaurants, bars, shops, water sports etc. Antara Veli also has facilities of its own though with tennis courts, a fitness center, an outdoor spa and three very fine restaurants serving Japanese, Thai and international food at your doorstep. The service here is consistently impeccable, and you are allowed as much, or as little, interaction with staff and other guests as you would like. THE ACCOMMODATION: You can choose between a classic overwater bungalow on the lagoon or an ocean bungalow set on a secluded cliff edge overlooking the ocean. As mentioned this is an adult’s only resort, all the accommodation choices are doubles and all come with a suitably grand King size bed. To sum up though, your choices among the overwater bungalows are: ‘standard’ 62 m² units with an outdoor sun deck and direct access to the lagoon. Deluxe units which have about 30 m² of extra space plus some very special open-air bathrooms with terrazzo bathtubs overlooking the lagoon. The ‘superior’ overwater bungalows go a step further with a plunge pool overlooking the lagoon and a full 125 m² of space over two floors. Finally there are the ‘Ocean Bungalows’, not overwater bungalows per se but their position on the edge of a small, secluded cliff directly over the ocean grants them a similar feel. They are broadly similar too in layout, and in size, to the superior overwater bungalows, also having that lovely plunge pool, but this time overlooking the Indian Ocean. All the accommodation choices are B&B and have a pleasing array of modern facilities; air-con, WiFi, cable TV, music system, refrigerator, coffee maker, mini bar (with private wine collection), bathtub, rainfall shower, walk READ MORE
- The 5 Star Le Taha’a Resort sits on a tremendously beautiful, secluded private islet between Bora Bora and the famous vanilla island of Taha’a from where it gets its name. It offers a delectable form of tranquil, laid back luxury and at slightly cheaper prices than on Bora Bora. Cheaper prices or not, for many Le Taha’a is preferable to resorts on Bora Bora’s main island anyway in that it has an even more remote, paradise island feel. And it is a small, intimate resort which feels more personable and less corporate than many others. This is reflected too in its architecture and interior design – the accommodation, and the resort in general, feels more traditionally Polynesian than most. ACCOMMODATION: Le Taha’a has 45 romantic, old style wood and thatch overwater bungalows above the islet’s crystal clear, bountiful waters, and a range of cosy beach villas with private gardens and plunge pools steps away from the beach. This is 5 Star luxury accommodation with all the conveniences you might come to expect but the decor is traditional Polynesian – displaying native woodcraft and some lovely examples of Tapa barkcloth – and so has a more exotic feel than many other resorts in the region. The overwater bungalows are all 969 square feet/90 square meters, in size and broadly similar but priced slightly differently according to the view they offer, with a view of Bora Bora and its iconic Mount Otemanu being the most expensive. There is also a small extra premium for the extra privacy of an End of Pontoon Overwater Bungalow which we feel is relatively good value. The beach villas are similarly priced to the overwaters but they are at least twice the size and so are worth a look. Their Royal Pool Villa is the most expensive accommodation in the whole resort but it is really quite special with roughly 2,800 square feet/260 square meters of space surrounded by its own private walled garden. PRICES: Check out all the details – prices, reviews and more photos, on their Booking.com page here and on their Expedia.com page here. FACILITIES & THINGS TO DO: Le Taha’a Island Resort READ MORE
- The 5 Star Pangkor Laut is a stunningly beautiful private island near Malaysia’s Straits of Malacca with pristine rainforest ringed by dreamy sand beaches and crystal clear waters. It is seen as one of Malaysia’s, and Asia’s, finest luxury resorts and as such attracts a sophisticated, Malaysian and international, clientele. You will not find any kind of unnecessary formality or stuffiness here though, the atmosphere is notably pleasant, friendly and relaxed. Its facilities really are top of the range – Pangkor Laut’s spa in particular has won countless awards and is consistently named among the world’s very best. ACCOMMODATION: Their accommodation is divided between four categories: Garden, Beach, Sea and Hill. The sea section is as you may have guessed where the overwater bungalows reside. All are one double bedroom and as stylish and luxurious as you might expect from such a resort. They also feel thoroughly romantic. We particularly liked the spa baths looking out onto the sea and the elegant wood panelled interiors. At 55 m2 / 592 ft2 they are not really large enough to impress with their size – an extra few meters of terrace would be great for eg. – but overall they feel airy and spacious. Some of the overwater bungalows also allow direct access to the spa village for an extra 50 dollars a night or so. You’ll see them listed on the booking page as spa villas. The Garden Villas though beautifully internally decorated have a relatively disappointing setting. The Beach Villas are certainly superior, and for not much extra money. If we had to choose something else beyond the overwater bungalows though we’d head for the hills – The Hilltop Estates, as they are described on the booking page, are really quite fabulous. So much so that if money were not a factor we’d choose them over the overwater villas for a very memorable romantic vacation. Tucked away in the hills surrounded by lush tropical forest they have an old colonial mansion feel and are the resort’s most private, and most opulent and expensive, accommodation. They come in one, two, three and four bedroom units and guests are granted a READ MORE
- Address: St Regis Bora Bora Resort
FranceThe 5 Star, St Regis Bora Bora was the setting for the 2009 comedy ‘Couple’s Retreat,’ starring Vince Vaughan, an extra publicity boost that such a confident, sophisticated resort really had very little need for. THE ACCOMMODATION: The resort is spread out over 44 acres which includes a private lagoon and various beach areas. The accommodation is a mixture of overwater bungalows and beach villas, all of which are extremely spacious; the largest overwater bungalows and villas in Bora Bora in fact. The very smallest on offer at the St Regis are 1550 ft² for example, with the very largest being a quite magnificent 3960 ft². The design and decor are mostly traditional Polynesian; airy and with lots of wood. You will have a large bedroom(s) with a super comfortable King size bed, seating, closet space and a giant flat screen TV. The lounge areas have comfy sofas, another TV and a mini bar, and outside there is lots of deck space with lounging, seating and dining furniture, outdoor showers and, in the case of the overwater bungalows, private access to the water. The bathrooms are suitably luxurious, and large, too. There you have a rainfall shower, a deep bath to sink into and a choice of exotic bath salts and other pampering products. Another very nice feature is that all the overwater bungalows are equipped with glass floor panels in the hallway, living room and bathroom which allows some gorgeous glimpses into life under the water below. The overwaters come in various levels and prices as you will see on the booking page with the top of the range being their Royal Villas which are really quite magnificent and, surprisingly enough, are the only ones which have private pools on the deck. You have a private butler service at your disposal at the St Regis and one of the best concierge teams around. They are particularly adept at arranging grand romantic gestures, for honeymoons or otherwise, via their ‘Romantic Concierge’ service, and they organize weddings too with a bridal boutique also on the premises where you can rent wedding dresses, groom suits etc. PRICES: Check out all the READ MORE
- The 5 Star celebrity haunt that is the Conrad Bora Bora Nui sits neatly in a private cove on Motu To’opua, a little islet southwest of the main island. The setting is beautiful – secluded and thoroughly romantic, and the resort really has an extra touch of class, even by Bora Bora’s high standards. It also boasts what are surely Bora Bora’s, and one of the world’s, finest overwater bungalows – their incredibly opulent Presidential Overwater Villa. Their hilltop Hina Spa has soothing treatments and tremendous panoramic views, there are four excellent dining options, a large infinity pool and pool bar, and some some lovely stretches of the purest of white sands. The Conrad is family friendly; it has its own Kid’s Club, but overall the atmosphere is one of romance and relaxed, indulgent tranquility. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a total of 114 accommodation units at the Conrad, with a choice between overwater, beach and garden. The Conrad, in its previous incarnation as a Hilton, was the first resort in Bora Bora to offer the now ubiquitous overwater bungalows and these are of course as plush and opulent as you may imagine. They all offer lots of space too, with the smallest on offer covering around 1200 ft². They have sleek and stylish interiors, king size beds and wall to wall sliding doors opening out to a large deck where you have direct access to the sea, lounging and dining furniture and an outdoor shower. Some, the ‘Pool Villas’, also come with an infinity plunge pool and overwater catamaran style hammock nets to sink into. The crème de la crème of their overwater bungalows are the two Presidential Overwater Villas. They are absolutely stunning two story overwater palaces, probably the finest in Bora Bora. These are where celebs, the likes of the Kardashians, stay when in town. Feast your eyes here. The Conrad’s Beach Villas though are also quite special and compare well to the overwaters. Sitting on the beach, just feet from the water, they boast the same luxurious qualities and come with infinity style plunge pools as standard, overlooking the sand and the sea. Then there are READ MORE
- The 5 Star, adults only Likuliku Lagoon is an eco-friendly island paradise off the coast of Western Fiji. It was the first resort in the country to incorporate overwater bungalows and the setting, in a natural ocean lagoon surrounded by a coral reef marine sanctuary, is stunning. Conservation is a big part of the Likuliku story with the world’s last wild population (they were assumed to be extinct until 2010) of Fijian Crested Iguanas to be found in the resort’s on-land sanctuary. Educational, expert guided forest walks can be arranged. The resort offers relaxation, education, warm hospitality and wonderful food, and its overwater bungalows are romantic and dreamy. ACCOMMODATION: The aforementioned overwater bungalows, or bures as they are referred to in Fiji, sit at the edge of the fringing reef. They have luxury interiors but the design is semi-traditional and the materials natural and local which gives them a nice earthy, authentic feel. The resort is generally tranquil but the overwater bungalows are far more so. Being just ten in total and in such a secluded location they are remarkably quiet and peaceful. All are equally sized – with 646 sq. feet/60 square meters of internal space and 334/31 of external. Inside you have one bedroom with king size bed and a lounging area which opens out to the furnished terrace and open ocean beyond. You have direct access to the water below via a small wooden deck and stairs and inside there are glass panels on the floor to observe the abundant sea live below. Their bathrooms too come with romantic free standing bath tubs offering views over the lagoon. The overwater bungalows at Likuliku come with a complimentary daily canapé plate from the resort’s head chef. They are the most popular choice at the resort so booking well in advance is recommended. If they are though booked out you still have some nice on-land choices. Their 32 Beachfront Bures come with private courtyards with outdoor showers, day bed pavilions and the Deluxe Beachfront Bures have private plunge pools. All are just steps away from the sands. Then there are the Garden Bures, these are broadly similar to READ MORE
- There may be a lot of competition in terms of luxury retreats in Bora Bora and indeed in the broader region of French Polynesia, but the 5 Star InterContinental Thalasso Bora Bora is really quite a place. It is located on its own private island, a 20 minute boat ride from Bora Bora Motu Mute Airport, and it is hard to overemphasize the extraordinary setting, with the craggy peak of Mount Otemanu towering above and the most beautifully clear turquoise waters you could ever imagine swaying gently all around. It also has consistently high levels of service, great facilities and a laudable commitment to eco-friendly and sustainability principles, all of which make it stand out somewhat from the rest and lend the place an extra exclusive feel. It is very much a once in a lifetime vacation venue, and smoothly manages to be both family friendly and ideal for honeymoons. THE ACCOMMODATION: The overwater bungalows and villas are in a choice position to enjoy the setting with their boardwalk jutting out right in the middle of the bay. They are also all exceptionally spacious; the smallest cover a minimum of 1020 ft² while the largest, the ‘Marlon Brando Suite’, comes in at a whopping 3465 ft². As you will see there is a great range of accommodation to choose from, most, but not all, of which are overwater. Of those that are overwater they come with glass floor coffee tables from where you can peer down into the coral reef and see all manner of exotic creatures. Many also have their own private, on deck, infinity swimming pools. The design and interior decoration are a pleasing mix of modern and traditional Polynesian and they have all the modern facilities and comforts you would expect from a luxury hotel: air-con, WiFi, cable TV, music system, refrigerator, coffee maker, mini bar, some lovely bathrooms with bathtubs and rainfall showers, as well as plenty of lounging and dining furniture both inside and out. Room service is 24 hours and you can expect the absolute best in service throughout the resort which also has a concierge team. As mentioned above InterContinental Thalasso makes READ MORE
- Address: Carretera Cancun Tulum, Km 55.3
MexicoThis adults only, all inclusive near Cancun is home to the Palafitos Overwater Bungalows, the very first overwater bungalows in Mexico (there are now still just three – the other two being the very nearby Rosewood Mayakoba & Banyan Tree Mayakoba) and consistently hits world class standards for luxury all inclusive resorts. It has a fabulous location on Maroma Beach, Playa del Carmen – rated one of the world’s best beaches, the gourmet food and drink is of the highest quality, there are numerous activities to enjoy and the resort is intimate, romantic and at the same time fun. THE ACCOMMODATION: As mentioned, the Palafitos overwater bungalows were the very first in Mexico and come with all the features you would expect from such a pioneering resort – glass floor panels, jacuzzis, private infinity pools, outdoor showers and direct access to the crystal clear waters below your feet. There are two basic types; the Palafitos ‘Beachfront Bungalows’ are close the shore while their ‘Superior Bungalows’ are out in the open water and so are more peaceful and give more of a at one with the water feeling. Both are pretty much identical in every other way though and, covering nearly 600 square feet, they are modern internally and suitably luxurious, with extra large, terrifically comfortable double beds, a seating/dining area, sections of glass bottom floor, a jacuzzi, an infinity type plunge pool on the terrace over looking the water plus an outdoor shower. Other facilities include WiFi, cable TV, air con, iPod docks, mini bar, 24 hour room service and a private butler. PRICES: Check out all the details – prices, reviews and more photos – on their Booking.com page here and on their Expedia.com page here. Note: Like most luxury overwater bungalows around the Caribbean the overwater bungalows at Palafitos El Dorado are incredibly sought after – Covid notwithstanding, for the 2021 season you should really reserve your stay as soon as possible. You are allowed free cancellation on most bookings. FACILITIES & THINGS TO DO: El Dorado Maroma an all inclusive resort with a great emphasis on gourmet food and drink, with much of the ingredients coming fresh from READ MORE
- The 5 Star, Sofitel Moorea Kia Ora Resort is a private enclave surrounded by crystal clear waters and pure white sands near to both Moorea Airport, and to the island’s main ferry dock which has regular ferries running the hour long journey to and from Tahiti. It is a beautiful place, and if you’re coming, as most people are, straight from Tahiti both it and the island of Moorea will really offer the wow factor. The setting ticks all the boxes for a classic Polynesian island stay; balmy turquoise waters, powdery white sands (the beach alongside is consistently rated one of the best in Polynesia) and lush green tropical foliage, while the resort itself is small, intimate and oozes romantic indulgence. Sofitel is family friendly but it doesn’t have much in the way of specific facilities for kids. In general though they will be well looked after by the helpful, cheerful staff. Babysitting/child minding services are also available. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a range of bungalows and villas, mainly overwater but with a few beach and garden villas too, ranging in size from 450 to 800 square feet. All are sleek and modern in style with lots of polished wood, soft lighting and pastel colored fabrics, though also with that classic, traditional Polynesian look externally. The overwater bungalows at the Sofitel Moorea feel the most traditional in style internally and as such are cosy and romantic. They all come with outside terraces with lounging furniture and direct access to the water, though they are a little on the small side. They are, not surprisingly, the most popular accommodation choice and, though almost double the price of the cheapest, garden based bungalows, are worth the extra. You’ll find all the usual 5 Star hotel facilities at the Sofitel, there is a concierge service here and in general throughout the resort the service is outstanding. PRICES: Check out all the details -prices, reviews & more photos, on the booking page here. FACILITIES & THINGS TO DO: The resort has two acclaimed restaurants; Pure, which offers quality international and local dishes, both buffet and a la carte and has live entertainment on READ MORE
- Address: Soneva Jani
MaldivesSoneva Jani very much defines itself as one of The Maldives’ most exclusive private island resorts and it’s very hard to argue. Their overwater bungalows are incredibly spacious, stylish and luxurious with the very largest of them, the two and four bedroom ‘water reserves’ around the end of the walk way, being really quite breathtaking. These opulent wooden palaces come with private pools, water slides and retractable roofs that allow stargazing direct from the master bedroom. Soneva Jani is also an eco-resort that has, since its inception, striven to keep its environmental impact as low as possible. Water and waste is recycled and treated via the on-site waste management center and most of the resort’s electricity is solar generated. Facilities include, amongst others, a luxurious spa, tennis courts, a gym, four restaurants and a bar, a cinema, a night-time sky observatory, a water sports center and a kid’s club. Most of the island is left wild so you can wander peacefully through the beautiful mangrove forests and also have some stunning deserted beaches all to yourself. THE ACCOMMODATION: The first stand-out feature of Soneva Jani’s overwater bungalows is their sheer size – all of them are spread over two floors and their very smallest one bedroom units still cover 4477 square feet/416 square meters while their largest, the four bedroom water reserve, covers a whopping 15295 square feet/1421 square meters. There are five other categories between those two extremes none of which will disappoint. The majority of them have water slides from the upper floor if you’re ever in a hurry to get downstairs. Other standard features include large private pools, various glass floor viewing panels, study rooms, huge walk in wardrobes, kitchenettes and stunning bathrooms. Outside of the overwater bungalows you can also choose to stay in their two bedroom beach bungalow hidden away in the mangrove forests. It is titled the Robinson Crusoe Residence and comes with lots of very private space. Or you can also choose to stay in their very indulgent, 23 meter private yacht. It has two en-suite bedrooms and a glass-bottomed spa tub amongst other things. Your crew includes a captain, sous chef, READ MORE
- The Fiji Marriott, Momi Bay is an exclusive 5 Star resort near Nadi, and the Momi WW2 Gun Site, with a truly idyllic lagoon and ocean side setting. It also has an array of fantastic facilities, premium quality accommodation, including some top of the range overwater bungalows, and consistently cheerful, friendly service. THE ACCOMMODATION: The Marriott has a mixture of rooms at the main hotel building, all of which come with either a balcony or a patio, plus a mixture of bures (traditional Fijian style straw and wood huts) and overwater bungalows with private access to the water just below your feet. They come in various sizes with the largest, at over 800 square feet/74 square meters, being their ‘Royal Lagoon’ overwater bungalows. All the accommodation choices are 5 Star standard and have a modern, minimalist chic style. Facilities include cable TV, air-conditioning, Wi-Fi, USB chargers, music systems, laptop safes, tea & coffee making facilities and 24 hour room service. They all have particularly nice bathrooms too with stand-alone bath tubs, rainfall showers and a range of luxury toiletries. The hotel rooms may be some of the most plush on Fiji but a stay in one of their traditional Fijian, straw and wood bures is a whole different level of experience and certainly worth the extra. This also applies, even more so, to their very plush overwater bungalows which have high vaulted ceilings, outdoor decks and private access to the pristine waters below. The only negative we could see with the overwaters is that too much of the space is internal – a much larger outside deck would surely be preferable for most people. Note: The overwater bungalows are for adults/over 18s only. PRICES: Check out all the details – prices, reviews & more photos on the booking.com page here and also on the resort’s own website (Marriott-Bonvoy) here. FACILITIES & THINGS TO DO: They have a great selection of high standard facilities including three swimming pools, two tennis courts, a 24 hour fitness center/gym and a day spa with spacious treatment rooms, plunge pools, a beauty therapy center and a hairdresser. Children will be well taken care of READ MORE
- W Maldives is a sophisticated, 5-star private, (heart shaped!) island resort with cutting edge design and facilities. It styles itself as a ‘Luxury Playground’, it sees its fair share of international celebs and is a glamorous and fun place to hang out. Facilities include high quality restaurants and bars, a sublime sauna & fitness center and a water sports & dive center. The resort sits by what is considered the best house reef in the Maldives and you can admire a huge amount of sea life direct from your overwater villa – reef sharks, angel fish, stingrays and glow in the dark jellyfish and plankton for example. ACCOMMODATION: Most of the accommodation at W is overwater. Their entry level overwater villas they term Fabulous Overwater Oasis and Spectacular Lagoon Oasis. Entry level or not these are incredible places to stay and could be marketed as pretty much presidential suites in a lot of other resorts less extravagant than W Maldives. They are sleek and stylish, and cover 1570 square feet/146 square meters of space which includes one double bedroom, a lounge with glass floor panels, bathroom and an outside terrace which has lounging space, a plunge pool and direct access to the water below. The only difference as far as we could see between these two is that the ‘Spectacular Lagoon Oasis’ has an overwater hammock on the terrace and the ‘Fabulous Overwater Oasis’ doesn’t. For such a minor difference you’d expect them to be priced very similarly but for some reason, as you will see on the booking page, the Spectacular Lagoon Oasis will cost you a couple of hundred dollars more per night. Nice feature but definitely not worth that much more. Then on to the Vice Presidential and Presidential Overwater Villas. These are jaw dropping two bedroom units which are enormously spacious, the former being 3476 square feet/323 square meters and the latter a full 5295 square feet/492 square meters. They share the same general facilities and features of the more er…’basic’ villas, what you are mainly paying for here is their much greater space and greater sense of privacy. On land there are the Beach READ MORE
- The very lovely, and very intimate, strictly adults only, Sofitel Bora Bora has its own private island with crystal clear waters and coral gardens just two minutes boat ride from the southern end of the main Island, or a 30 minutes boat shuttle ride direct from Bora Bora Airport. The Sofitel has just 30 bungalows & villas and so is very much a boutique resort, and most certainly a place for peace, quiet and indulgent calm and contentment. Especially given that the entire island is child free – the only adults only overwater resort in Bora Bora. THE ACCOMMODATION: This intimate oasis is particularly geared towards couples and honeymooners and so all its accommodation choices are doubles. There are two types of villa on offer; twenty classic overwater bungalows out on the lagoon and ten more private jungle lodges surrounded by trees and overlooking the water. Both are roughly the same size, and at around 370 ft² are relatively small. They all come with king size bed as standard though, as well as a living space, an outdoor terrace/sun lounge and private access to the water. Expect all standard luxury hotel mod cons here, and excellent room service. Concierge services are available too, and happy to oblige all sorts of requests. PRICES: Check out all the details – prices, reviews & more photos, on the booking page here. FACILITIES & THINGS TO DO: You can enjoy gourmet Polynesian and French food, as well as quality French wines (it has an extensive wine cellar), at the Manu Tuki Restaurant. It has a very lovely setting, with views over the peaceful lagoon, and of the towering Mount Otemanu away in the distance. Moving on from there you can enjoy some beautifully crafted cocktails, and other drinks at the cosy Mako Bar, which has similarly beautiful views from its wooden terrace and also serves food and snacks throughout the day. If you want to make any day or evening extra special all sorts of romantic extras are available, such as gourmet dining on the beach or sunset champagne evenings with traditional Polynesian dance shows. Private, bespoke arrangements can also be made, for READ MORE
- Address: Sun Siyam Iru Fushi
MaldivesSun Siyam Iru Fushi is an award winning 5 star all inclusive on a stunning, 52 acre private island in The Maldives’ Noonu Atoll. The resort has a great reputation for family vacations, winning the World Travel Awards’ category of Best Family Resort in the Indian Ocean three years running from 2016 to 2019, while also being nominated multiple times for the world’s best family resort. It is also though a popular place for a romantic getaway – this being the Maldives adults/couples dominate anyway, there are also dedicated adults only zones and the resort is large enough to find plenty of space for rest, relaxation and romance. It offers various options – b&b, half board, full board and all inclusive. For a 5 star resort in The Maldives Sun Siyam Iru Fushi is pleasantly very reasonably priced, with the all inclusive being overall the best value package. THE ACCOMMODATION: It has a nice choice of accommodation on offer, villa style, around the beach or overwater. All of them fit a maximum of two adults and two children up to the age of 12. They are all as plush and comfortable as you might expect from a 5 star private island paradise with sleek interiors and a nice sense of open space both inside and out, though some may deem the overwater bungalows too close to each other careful design means that even on their outside terrace they are still very private. The pick of the overwater villas is very much the ‘Infinity Water Villa with Separate Living Room’, all 1668 square feet/155 square meters of it. It, as the name suggests features a separate lounge area and an infinity pool on the terrace. The others are smaller, though none of them could be accused of being too small – your most basic choice will still be over 900 square feet/85 square meters and though won’t have a private pool it will still have either a semi-open bathroom with a photo worthy spa bath overlooking the sea, or a jacuzzi on the terrace. All their overwater villas also come with those classic glass floor panels so you can stare READ MORE
- The family friendly Four Seasons Resort forms an exclusive enclave by the coral reefs to the north east of Bora Bora and offers overwater bungalows, and beach villas, that are spacious, sleek and very well equipped. Their style is more modernist than most and they have the feel of luxury design apartments where everything feels crisp, clean and new. All come with tremendous views over Mount Otemanu and the lagoon, the overwater bungalows particularly, and the resort itself is a pleasure to stroll around with plenty to do and see, and a cosy, friendly, atmosphere throughout. Though the vibe is, this being Bora Bora, generally one of romantic indulgence, The Four Seasons takes care of children better than most with a kid’s club and plenty of organized activities for both youngsters and teens. THE ACCOMMODATION: Four Seasons Resort Bora Bora has one hundred over-water bungalows and seven beachfront villas to choose from, ranging in size from 1070 ft² to over 3200 ft², with a maximum occupancy of 6 for the larger units. All are extremely comfortable, spacious and beautifully styled with teak woods and pastel shaded soft furnishings. The outside spaces are expansive and well kitted out, with the overwater bungalows having private access to the water as well as outdoor showers, chaises lounges, circular daybeds and dining tables. All the overwaters have internal glass floor panels to watch the sea life in the lagoon below too and some also have plunge pools on the deck. You can expect king size beds as standard in all of the units as well as plasma screen satellite TVs, DVD players, coffee machines, mini fridges, music stations etc. in the lounge areas. All the bathrooms come with nice, large and deep, baths and with some opening out to the sea via sliding doors. Room service is 24 hours and the service throughout the resort, which also provides concierge and business services, is of the highest quality. PRICES: Check out all the details – prices, reviews & more photos, on the booking page here. FACILITIES & THINGS TO DO: You can enjoy some tremendous food at the Four Seasons, where you have a READ MORE