No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
Category: Best Adults Only Overwater Bungalows in 2023.
A stay in an overwater bungalow might sound the ultimate romantic vacation. So much so that most people imagine overwater bungalows would be strictly for adults only, but this is not the case.
It needs to be stressed though that even if the resorts, and their overwater bungalows, are family friendly you will rarely encounter children in the overwater bungalow section.
Nevertheless, if you really want to be sure of a child free bungalow experience, here are our choices for the best strictly adults only overwater bungalows & water villas in 2023.
- Why We Like it: Maitai Polynesia is a charming little resort in the south of Bora Bora by Matira Point Beach, just below the InterContinental Le Moana. It offers the cheapest luxury overwater bungalow experience in Bora Bora. This might be possible because they seem to have pared back some of the more expensive, but maybe unnecessary for many people frills – things such as a swimming pool, private airport transfer to the resort (though there is private transfer from Vaitape, and you can get there easily, and cheaply, by public ferry from the airport) and an excess of choice in terms of restaurants, bars and other facilities. For a lot of people this is an easy trade off, especially READ MORE
- Why We Like it: The couples-only Sandals Royal Caribbean, near Montego Bay and just minutes from Sangster International Airport, was the very first overwater bungalow resort in Jamaica and indeed the first in the entire region. The concept was an immediate success and the Sandals company soon followed it with more bungalows at Sandals South Coast (also in Jamaica) and in their branch in St. Lucia. Sandals Royal Caribbean though was the groundbreaker, or well…water breaker, in this region and its standards, have been extremely high from the beginning. It is a high-end luxury, all-inclusive paradise with a private island (where the overwater bungalows are to be found), top-of-the-range facilities, superb food and drink, and consistently excellent service. It also READ MORE
- Why We Like it: The 5 Star, adults only Likuliku Lagoon is an eco-friendly island paradise off the coast of Western Fiji, and the first resort in the country to incorporate overwater bungalows. The setting, in a natural ocean lagoon surrounded by a coral reef marine sanctuary, is particularly enchanting. Conservation is a big part of the Likuliku story with the world’s last wild population (they were assumed to be extinct until 2010) of Fijian Crested Iguanas to be found in the resort’s on-land sanctuary. Educational, expert guided forest walks can be arranged. The resort offers relaxation, education, warm hospitality and wonderful food, and its overwater bungalows are romantic and dreamy. Overwater Bungalows & Other Accommodation: The aforementioned overwater bungalows, READ MORE
- Why We Like it: Stella Island Resort in Crete is a 5 Star luxury, adults-only resort with a tremendously good reputation and one which is also home to one of only two overwater bungalow accommodations in Europe (the other being at Palafitte Resort on Lake Neuchâtel, Switzerland). It occupies a private stretch of Crete’s north coast and offers, amongst other things, excellent spa facilities, some of the very best food on the island and the opportunity to enjoy many sports including tennis and water sports. Guests also consistently praise the staff at Stella Island. The resort has various deals for you to choose from: You can go B&B/ breakfast only, have breakfast and dinner included in the room rate or READ MORE
- Why We Like it: The adults-only St. George’s Caye is a scenic private island off the coast of Belize City near the Caribbean’s largest, and the world’s second-largest, barrier reef. It offers adventure and excitement on the one hand (it is a popular vacation spot for divers for eg.) and peace and tranquility on the other (honeymooners come here too). The food is generally highly praised, with breakfast, lunch, and dinner included in the room rate, the service is great and the atmosphere is relaxed, warm, and friendly. It sells itself as a luxury resort but if you are indeed expecting luxury the accommodation, though charming and very comfortable, may be underwhelming. Overall though the resort, the island, and the READ MORE
- Why We Like it: Veligandu Private Island, just twenty minutes by seaplane from Male Airport, is possibly the best value all-inclusive water villa resort in the Maldives. Though it lacks the full 5 Star Wow factor of Lily Beach Resort or Ozen Maadhoo, for what you are getting here you might expect the prices to be almost double what they are. As such it is extremely popular and sees return visitors year after year. Water Villas & Other Accommodation: You have two main room categories at Veligandu – Beach Villas and Water Villas, all of which are doubles with King size bed though you can order extra beds/cots for children. These are in turn sub-divided into standard and jacuzzi villas. READ MORE
- Why We Like It: The Maldives certainly isn’t short of resorts with water villas but not many see the same amount of positive reviews as Velassaru. It is an enormously popular resort and many of its guests happily return year after year. Its convenience probably helps in fairness – we love the fact that this island paradise is just 25 minutes by speedboat from Male Airport. Its prices are a positive factor too – for a 5 Star resort in the Maldives Velassaru is very good value. It sees a mixture of guests: mostly couples on romantic sojourns but also families. A drawback may be that it can get pretty busy, by Maldives standards anyway. Some may call it lively READ MORE
- Why We Like it: The 5 Star, adults only Anatara Veli Resort has 67 chic overwater bungalows in a sublime setting just half an hour by speedboat from Mali’s International Airport. The location is more private and secluded than other water villa resorts in The Maldives, and is very much designed for romantic getaways. It is still though just a two-minute speedboat shuttle to the busier (& family-friendly) Anantara Dhigu Resort across the lagoon. There you’ll find a broad range of facilities and entertainment; restaurants, bars, shops, water sports etc. Antara Veli also has facilities of its own though with tennis courts, a fitness center, an outdoor spa and three very fine restaurants serving Japanese, Thai and international food at your READ MORE
- Why We Like it: One of three overwater bungalow resorts near Cancun, Mexico – the others being the nearby Banyan Tree Mayakoba and Palafitos El Dorado resorts – Rosewood Mayakoba shares the same serene Caribbean coast setting along with high quality accommodation, service and facilities, in particular its award winning spa. It is a sophisticated resort and though it attracts a very much high end clientele, there is little in the way of snootiness. The atmosphere is relaxed and friendly throughout. Overwater Bungalows & Other Accommodation: The resort has 129 sleek and modern suites and villas of varying sizes from 780 sq. ft. to 1500 sq. ft, all of which come with an array of luxury facilities and the very READ MORE
- Why We Like it: One of only two overwater bungalow resorts in Jamaica (the other being Sandals Royal Caribbean), Sandals South Coast is a 5-star luxury, adults-only, all-inclusive resort which offers Epicurean indulgence in a dreamy Caribbean beach setting. The resort is large and the amount, and quality, of facilities and activities on offer is very impressive. The food is a particular attraction – guests have nine gourmet restaurants to choose from with food that spans the globe. Overwater Bungalows: They have a wide range of luxury accommodation to choose from, between rooms, suites, and over-water bungalows/villas, all offering varying levels of space, luxury, and privacy. Their 1,100 square feet over water villas are suitably plush and luxurious and come READ MORE
- Updated on October 4, 2022 Why We Like it: The Aruba Ocean Villas Resort, home to Aruba’s only overwater bungalows, occupies a slice of tropical paradise in the southwest of the island near Oranjestad and the international airport. This adults-only resort is a luxury oasis with a gorgeous location, good facilities, top-class food, drink and excellent service all round. It’s also small, intimate, and friendly, and has none of the anonymous, almost industrial atmosphere of many of the larger Caribbean resorts. They have only three overwater bungalows at Aruba Ocean Villas, and they are extremely popular, so you’d be advised to book your stay well in advance. Overwater Bungalows & Other Accommodation: They have some fantastic, individually designed choices at READ MORE
- Why We Like it: The eco-friendly Koro Sun Resort sits on a lagoon surrounded by a lush 160-acre nature sanctuary on the island of Vanua Levu, just to the north east of Fiji’s main island. It’s a place with a strong back-to-nature appeal. If you’re feeling adventurous you can head out on some awe inspiring jungle hikes or deep sea diving trips or, if you’re feeling lazy, just lay back and enjoy as much fine food, pampering and relaxation as you like. Overwater Bungalows & Other Accommodation: The resort has a broad range of accommodation including overwater bungalows which actually float on the water, and larger, two story, two bedroom overwater villas in a semi-separate, private section of the resort. READ MORE
- Why We Like it: The 5 Star Pangkor Laut is a stunningly beautiful private island near Malaysia’s Straits of Malacca with pristine rainforest ringed by dreamy sand beaches and crystal clear waters. It is seen as one of Malaysia’s, and Asia’s, finest luxury resorts and as such attracts a sophisticated, Malaysian and international, clientele. You will not find any kind of unnecessary formality or stuffiness here though, the atmosphere is notably pleasant, friendly and relaxed. Its facilities really are top of the range – Pangkor Laut’s spa in particular has won countless awards and is consistently named among the world’s very best. Overwater Bungalows & Other Accommodation: Their accommodation is divided between four categories: Garden, Beach, Sea and Hill. The READ MORE
- Why We Like it: This adults-only, all-inclusive near Cancun is home to Palafitos, the very first overwater bungalows in Mexico (there are now still just three: the other two being the very nearby Rosewood Mayakoba & Banyan Tree Mayakoba) and consistently hits world-class standards for luxury all-inclusives in the Caribbean. It really is a tremendous resort – it has a fabulous location on Maroma Beach, Playa del Carmen – rated one of the Caribbean’s, and in fact the world’s, best beaches – the accommodation is wonderful across the board, their gourmet food and drink is of the highest quality, and the activities on offer are numerous. Overwater Bungalows: As mentioned, the Palafitos’ bungalows were the very first in Mexico and READ MORE
- Why We Like It: First opening its doors in May 2019, Royalton Antigua is an all-inclusive resort that is home to Antigua’s only overwater bungalows. The resort offers opulence and luxury and has a choice setting on the clear, calm waters of Antigua’s Deep Bay, less than twenty minutes from St. John’s, and a half an hour from V. C. Bird International Airport. Having been recently (late 2021) acquired by the Marriott Hotel group, you can expect it, little by little, to become one of Antigua’s most sought-after resorts. Overwater Bungalows & Other Accommodation: The accommodation choices are many, with of course the over-water villas taking pride of place. They cover a full 1442 square feet and have king-size bedrooms, READ MORE
- Why We Like It: Sandals, fresh from their success with over-the-water accommodation in Jamaica, quickly turned their sights to St Lucia, and here at the all-inclusive, adults-only, Sandals Grande St. Lucian resort you have the same levels of luxury and service. Their overwater bungalows are a honeymoon favorite and with only nine of them, they are generally booked out well in advance. They come with glass floor panels that allow you to peer into the Caribbean just below your feet, tranquility soaking tubs, private patios, and over-water hammocks amongst other special features. They also have a 24-hour personal butler service and the service throughout the resort is top-notch – efficient and professional but also personable. Overwater Bungalows & Other Accommodation: READ MORE
- Why We Like it: Sofitel Bora Bora is an intimate, adults only, private island resort with crystal clear waters and coral gardens just two minutes boat ride from the southern end of the main Island, or a 30 minutes boat shuttle direct from Bora Bora Airport. It has just 30 bungalows & villas and so is very much a boutique resort, and most certainly a place for peace, quiet, calm and contentment. Especially given that the entire island is child free – the only adults only overwater resort in Bora Bora. Overwater Bungalows & Other Accommodation: This intimate oasis is particularly geared towards couples and honeymooners and so all its accommodation choices are doubles. There are two types of villa READ MORE
No listings were found matching your selection. Something missing? Why not add a listing?.