No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
Looking for a luxury overwater bungalow vacation but without any hidden costs, or would you like the feeling of never having to reach for your wallet or purse?
Then welcome to our choices for the best all inclusive overwater bungalows & water villa resorts in 2021.
You can be assured that these resorts offer world class accommodation, facilities, as much quality food & drink as you can handle and a range of land and water activities - all included.
So, here are our choices for the very best all inclusive overwater bungalows & water villa resorts in 2021. All these wonderful resorts come with instant online booking & lowest price guaranteed via Booking.com.
- A strong candidate for the best luxury resort in Mauritius, the 5 Star Constance Le Prince Maurice, just an hour from Port Louis and its international airport, is a divine slice of paradise and one which boasts the country’s only overwater bungalows. There are just eleven in total though – eight junior suites and three particularly spacious and luxurious water villas – so be prepared to book well in advance. Though the height of luxury and beautifully styled they have just one drawback, that is that they sit over a lagoon fish sanctuary which, though it features much interesting sea life, means you are not allowed to swim just outside your door. Once that disappointment is overcome though these overwater bungalows leave very little else to complain about and the Constance Prince Maurice in general is a truly fantastic resort. It has excellent spa facilities and a whole host of activities can be enjoyed including water-sports and golf at not one but two different 18 hole championship golf courses. Though the resort mainly caters for romantic getaways, honeymoons etc. children can and do come here too, and the Prince Maurice Kids Club does a fine job looking after them. THE ACCOMMODATION: Constance Le Prince Maurice has 89 suites and villas spread over 150 acres of stunning beach, lagoon and lush tropical gardens. The overwater bungalows, as mentioned above, sit on the lagoon and are of two types – suites and villas. Both are beautifully designed and furnished in the traditional Pacific style and feel incredibly romantic. They only major difference between the suites and villas is their respective sizes. The suites come in at a respectable 753 square feet (70 m²) and have one double bedroom with a seating area, a lovely outdoor terrace plus some very swish bathrooms The villas though are over twice the size at 1,400 square feet (130 m² ). Along with a larger bedroom they also come with a separate lounge/living room plus dining space, and have a whirlpool bath/jacuzzi in the bathroom and a soak tub outside on the terrace. Beyond the overwaters the beachside accommodation at Constance Prince Maurice is equally impressive. Their READ MORE
- Stella Island Resort in Crete is a 5 Star luxury, adults-only resort with a tremendously good reputation, and one which is, quite excitingly, home to one of only two overwater bungalow accommodations in Europe. (The other being at Palafitte Resort on the, rather chilly, Lake Neuchâtel in Switzerland.) It occupies a private stretch of Crete’s north coast and offers, amongst other things, excellent spa facilities, some of the very best food on the island and the opportunity to enjoy many sports including tennis and water sports. Guests also consistently praise the staff at Stella Island. The resort has various deals for you to choose from: You can go B&B/ breakfast only, have breakfast and dinner included in the room rate or go all-inclusive. In terms of value the breakfast and dinner included option seems the best, but only if you’re not a big drinker – if you’ll be getting stuck into the cocktails every evening then go for the all-inclusive. Stella Island, though large, is far more romantic getaway than party place. There are many lovely bars, lounges and restaurants to choose from but they close relatively early. THE ACCOMMODATION: There are 89 rooms, bungalows and villas at Stella Island, and all are top of the range. It is luxury accommodation but not in any kind of garish way. All are elegant and stylish and exhibit more than a touch of boho chic. Some rooms, on the first floor, have balconies that overlook the huge central lagoon pool while the ground floor rooms allow direct access to it. Their 12 ‘Island Villas’ come with their own private pools, and are relatively good value compared to the rooms. The overwater bungalows come in two forms the first, referred to as ‘Bungalow with Shared Pool’ on the booking page, are relatively small but beautifully designed, furnished and fitted. They feel private, cosy and romantic, and come with a terrace allowing direct access to the lagoon pool, and overwater hammocks. The second though – listed as ‘Grand Overwater Bungalow with Outdoor Jacuzzi’ on the booking page, are far superior. They are spacious and airy with high ceilings and large terraces that also allow READ MORE
- Sandals, fresh from their success with overwater bungalows in Jamaica, quickly turned their sights to St Lucia, and here at the all-inclusive, adults only, Sandals Grande St. Lucian resort you can expect the same high levels of luxury, sophistication and service. It is very much an opulent romantic getaway, being adults only and attracting a well heeled clientele, but the atmosphere is friendly, relaxed and rarely stuffy. Their overwater bungalows are a honeymoon favorite and with only nine of them they are booked out well in advance. They come with glass floor panels, tranquility soaking tubs, private patios and over-water hammocks, amongst other special features. They also have a 24 hour personal butler service and the service in general is top notch – efficient and professional but also relaxed and personable. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have an enormous range of accommodation at the resort, with the above mentioned overwater bungalows being the most popular. These have a spacious, luxurious feel with hardwood floors, vaulted ceilings, king-size beds with soft linens and plush pillows, smart TVs, sun decks, outdoor showers, swish bathrooms and 24 hour personal butler service. Many of the other choices well match, if not surpass, the style and sophistication of the overwaters though just without the novelty of having ocean being directly under your feet. The beachside suites in particular are extremely opulent, and very much worth considering if the overwaters are not free. PRICES: Check out all the details – prices, reviews and more photos, on the booking page here. Note: The overwater bungalows at Sandals St. Lucien are very sought after – Covid-19 notwithstanding, for the 2021 season you should really reserve your stay as soon as possible. Our partnership with Hotels.com allows you free cancellation on most bookings. FACILITIES & THINGS TO DO: Sandals Grande St. Lucian is a huge resort with 311 accommodation units, twelve restaurants and six bars including a British Pub and a swim-up pool bar. All of this is all-inclusive of course and the quality and variety of the food is impressive, as is the ever cheerful sand helpful service. There is also a mile of gorgeous sandy beach at your disposal, READ MORE
- First opening its doors in May 2019, Royalton Antigua is an all inclusive resort that boasts Antigua’s very first, and still only, overwater bungalows. The resort is the height of opulence and luxury and has a choice setting on the clear, calm waters of Antigua’s Deep Bay, less than twenty minutes from St. John’s, and a half an hour from V. C. Bird International Airport. THE ACCOMMODATION: The accommodation choices are many, with of course the overwater bungalows taking pride of place (referred to as Bungalow – Water Front on the booking page here). They are all doubles with king size beds, lounge (with a sofa bed) & dining areas, and outdoor terraces overlooking, of course, the water. They are also beautifully designed in a sleek modernist style, and display an unashamed sense of luxury. Expect private infinity plunge pools, jacuzzis, glass floor viewing panels, private butlers and 24 hour room service as standard, as well as in-room aromatherapy, satellite TVs, top of the range music systems, complimentary IPTV movie selections, twice daily re-stocked minibars and to top it all a choice of pillows from the pillow menu. The other accommodation choices are a mixture of suites in different locations around the private beach, and all of them share the same sleek interiors and modern luxury features. They can all sleep up to four but are generally smaller than the overwater bungalows which have over 1,100 square feet (106 square meters) of space. Note: only those over 13 years of age are allowed to stay at the overwater bungalows. In the other accommodation children of all ages are welcome. PRICES: Check out all the details – prices, reviews and more photos, on the booking page here. Note: The overwater bungalows at Royalton Antigua are incredibly sought after – for the 2021 season you should really reserve your stay as soon as possible. Our partnership with Booking.com allows you free cancellation on most bookings. FACILITIES & THINGS TO DO: The resort has seven restaurants in total, with complimentary in-room private dinner and drinks service also available. The choice of food is enormous with a mixture of Caribbean, American and European to READ MORE
- One of only two overwater bungalow resorts in Jamaica (the other being Sandals Royal Caribbean), Sandals South Coast is a 5 star luxury, adults only, all inclusive resort which offers pure Epicurean indulgence in a gloriously isolated beach setting. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a wide range of luxury accommodation to choose from, between rooms, suites and overwater bungalows, all offering varying levels of space, luxury and privacy. Their 1,100 square feet overwater bungalows (referred to as ‘Deluxe Bungalow with Sea View’ on the booking page) are suitably plush and luxurious, and come with outdoor sun decks with soaking tubs and overwater hammocks, internal glass floor panels, particularly nice, spa style bathrooms, 24 hour room service and an exclusive in-room dining and room service menu. PRICES: Check out all the details -prices, reviews and more photos, on the booking page here. Note: The overwater bungalows at Sandals South Coast are incredibly sought after – Covid-19 notwithstanding, for the 2021 season you should really reserve your stay as soon as possible. Our partnership with Hotels.com allows you free cancellation on most bookings. FACILITIES & THINGS TO DO: Sandals South Coast is very large indeed with different European themed sections, French Village, Italian Village, Dutch Village and Venetian Piazza. There is a lot going on around the resort though the overwater bungalow section is slightly away from it all and so very peaceful. You have nine gourmet restaurants to choose from which serve consistently excellent European, Asian and Caribbean cuisine, as well as eleven different bars with a range of musical, and other, entertainment, and a huge range of premium drinks. You can do some duty-free shopping at the collection of resort boutiques and luxury jewelers, browse art galleries or play sports such as beach volleyball, tennis, billiards, table tennis and shuffle board. There is a state of the art gym and fitness center here, and the tranquil oasis of the Red Lane Spa has, amongst other things, a beauty salon, a yoga-pilates studio, a steam room, plunge pools and several secluded outdoor relaxation areas. The all inclusive package grants guests access to a wide range of water based activities; water skiing, snorkeling, READ MORE
- The couples-only Sandals Royal Caribbean, very near Montego Bay & Sangster International Airport, was the very first overwater bungalow resort in Jamaica and indeed the entire Caribbean. The concept was an immediate success and the Sandals company soon followed it with overwater bungalows at Sandals South Coast (also in Jamaica) and in their branch in St. Lucia. Sandals Royal Caribbean though was the ground breaker, or well…water breaker, in this region and its standards have been extremely high from the beginning. It is a high end luxury, all inclusive private island paradise with top of the range facilities, superb food and drink and consistently excellent service. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a great range of accommodation to choose from; hotel rooms, suites and overwater bungalows, offering varying levels of space and luxury to suit most budgets. Their beautifully designed overwater bungalows have set the standards high from the very beginning. They have a tangible sense of luxury, are sleek, modern and spacious (just over 1,100 square feet), and come with outdoor terraces, infinity plunge pools, glass floor panels, romantic spa style bathrooms with bathtubs, a wealth of modern facilities and 24 hour rooms service with an exclusive in-room dining menu. PRICES: Check out all the details – prices, reviews & more photos, on the booking page here. Note: The overwater bungalows at Sandals Royal Caribbean are incredibly sought after – Covid-19 notwithstanding, for the 2021 season you should really reserve your stay as soon as possible. Our partnership with Hotels.com allows you free cancellation on most bookings. FACILITIES & THINGS TO DO: You have a nice choice of food and drink outlets from casual eateries and lively bars to elegant fine dining restaurants, serving French, Thai, Caribbean sea-food and international cuisine. If that somehow isn’t enough you can also jump on the free shuttle to Sandal’s two other Montego Bay resorts where even more choice awaits, all of which is included in your all inclusive package. There are seven swimming pools at the resort, including two swim up bars, five jacuzzis and a small but utterly gorgeous stretch of private beach. There is live entertainment most evenings at various places around the READ MORE
- The award winning, adults only, Palafitos Overwater Bungalows at El Dorado Maroma near Cancun were the very first overwater bungalows in Mexico (there are now still just two – the other being the very nearby Rosewood Mayakoba), and consistently hits world class standards for luxury, all inclusive resorts. It has a fabulous location on Maroma Beach, Playa del Carmen – rated one of the world’s best beaches, the gourmet food and drink is of the highest quality, there are numerous activities to enjoy, and the resort is intimate, romantic and at the same time fun. THE ACCOMMODATION: As mentioned, the Palafitos overwater bungalows were the very first in Mexico and come with all the features you would expect from such a pioneering resort – glass floor panels, jacuzzis, private infinity pools, outdoor showers and direct access to the crystal clear waters below your feet. There are two basic types; the Palafitos ‘Beachfront Bungalows’ are close the shore while their ‘Superior Bungalows’ are out in the open water and so are more peaceful and give more of a at one with the water feeling. Both are pretty much identical in every other way though and, covering nearly 600 square feet, they are modern internally and suitably luxurious, with extra large, terrifically comfortable double beds, a seating/dining area, sections of glass bottom floor, a jacuzzi, an infinity type plunge pool on the terrace over looking the water plus an outdoor shower. Other facilities include WiFi, cable TV, air con, iPod docks, mini bar, 24 hour room service and a private butler. PRICES: Check out all the details – prices, reviews and more photos – on the booking page here. Note: The overwater bungalows of Palafitos El Dorado are incredibly sought after – Covid-19 notwithstanding, for the 2021 season you should really book your stay as soon as possible. Our partnership with Booking.com allows you free cancellation on most bookings. FACILITIES & THINGS TO DO: El Dorado Maroma an all inclusive resort with a great emphasis on gourmet food and drink, with much of the ingredients coming fresh from their own 76,000 sq. ft. greenhouses. You have a great choice of restaurants as well READ MORE
- Lily Beach Resort is a 5 Star all inclusive with an absolutely stunning setting on a private island in southern Ari Atoll, Maldives. Their all inclusive plan offers a generous array of quality services, with a range of free water sports activities and excursions and lots and lots of premium quality food and drink. It is a well known resort and consistently popular; people return here year after year, so advance bookings are recommended. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a choice of overwater villas, beach villas and lagoon villas at Pearl Beach. The typically romantic overwater villas are divided between ‘Deluxe Water Villas’ which have 1356 ft² of space including a private outdoor deck with a jacuzzi plunge pool, and the ‘Sunset Water Villas’ which are a step ahead with 1960 ft² to play with, a proportionally larger deck and larger pool, as well as a 24 hour personal butler service. All the overwater choices have a section of glass floor panels so you can gaze at the sea life below from the comfort of your bungalow. The Lagoon Villas are at the edge of the lagoon and cover just short of 1000 ft², are secluded and private and come with an outdoor bath on the terrace, while the Beach Villas have a nice location right on the beach with a private deck and about 730 ft² of space for the ‘standard’ villas and 1463 ft² for the two bedroom ‘family’ villas, which are effectively two interconnected standard villas. The style is modernist and fairly minimalist, with the emphasis being more on comfort than interior decor, and all the accommodation choices include luxury hotel standard facilities and features as standard; air-conditioning, WiFi, flat-screen TV & home theatre system, tea/coffee making facilities, minibar and safe etc. The bathrooms are all suitably plush too with rainfall showers and spa bathtubs. PRICES: Check out all the details – prices, reviews & more photos, on the booking page here. FACILITIES & THINGS TO DO: There are four restaurants and three bars at the resort and the quality of the food and drink is excellent. Many 5 Star all-inclusives let themselves down a little when it READ MORE
- All-inclusive resorts can tend to fall short when it comes to true luxury but the Ozen Maadhoo is the Maldives’ finest example of how to get it right. It is a fabulous place: the setting is stunning, as is the accommodation, there is a generous supply of top quality food and drink and, if staying more than 4 nights, complimentary activities to enjoy too, from spa treatments to scuba diving. All that plus tremendously high levels of service make Ozen All Inclusive excellent value compared to other similar resorts in the Maldives. THE ACCOMMODATION: You have a choice of classic overwater bungalows and beach villas here, referred to on the booking page as ‘Wind Villas & Earth Villas’ all of which are very spacious, ranging in size from 85 m² to 285 m². They are all doubles, with King size bed and a sofa bed in the lounge area if needed, with the exception of the large ‘Earth Family Suite’, which has a master bedroom and one twin bedroom. The overwater bungalows, or wind villas as they call them here, are a classically romantic choice with direct access to the water and with uninterrupted views as far as the eye can see. They also all have standalone, ellipse shaped bath tubs which open up to the outside via sliding doors. The standard villas will not disappoint but the ‘Wind Villas with Pool’ are the pick of the bunch, having 112 m² of space and a nice infinity style plunge pool on the outside deck. The beachside villas may not have that but they all have a private pool as standard and across the accommodation choices the interior design and decor is crisp and smart with sleek furniture, bright fabrics and tasteful art pieces. Modern luxury hotel facilities are standard too with AC, WiFi, flat screen cable TV, Segafredo coffee machines and free mini bars that are generously restocked twice a day. The service is top quality at this resort and you will have room service, a private butler and concierge services throughout your stay. PRICES: Check out all the details – prices, reviews & more photos, on the booking page READ MORE