No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
Looking for a luxury overwater bungalow vacation but without any hidden costs, or would you like the feeling of never having to reach for your wallet or purse? Then welcome to our choices for the best all inclusive overwater bungalow & water villa resorts in 2021.
You can be assured that these resorts offer world class accommodation, facilities, as much quality food & drink as you can handle and a range of land and water activities - all included.
So, here are our choices for, and full reviews of, the very best all inclusive overwater bungalow & water villa resorts in 2021. All these wonderful venues come with instant online booking & a lowest price guaranteed via our various affiliate partners.
- Address: Sandals Cay
JamaicaThe couples-only Sandals Royal Caribbean, near Montego Bay and just minutes from Sangster International Airport, was the very first overwater bungalow resort in Jamaica and indeed the entire Caribbean. The concept was an immediate success and the Sandals company soon followed it with overwater bungalows at Sandals South Coast (also in Jamaica) and in their branch in St. Lucia. Sandals Royal Caribbean though was the ground breaker, or well…water breaker, in this region and its standards have been extremely high from the beginning. It is a high end luxury, all inclusive paradise with a private island (where the overwater bungalows are to be found) top of the range facilities, superb food and drink and consistently excellent service. It also has a tremendous location – getting to most overwater bungalow resorts usually involves a fairly long journey from the nearest airport but here you are, tantalizingly, just minutes (via the resort’s private shuttle) away. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a great range of accommodation to choose from; hotel rooms, suites and overwater bungalows (referred to as ‘Honeymoon Bungalow, 1 Bedroom, Ocean View (Over-the-Water Priv. Island Bungalow’ on the booking page), offering varying levels of space and luxury to suit most budgets. Their beautifully designed overwater bungalows, attached to a gorgeous little private island, have set the standards high from the very beginning. They have a tangible sense of luxury, are sleek, modern and spacious (just over 1,100 square feet), and come with outdoor terraces, infinity plunge pools, large glass floor panels, romantic spa style bathrooms with bathtubs, a wealth of modern facilities and 24 hour room service with an exclusive in-room dining menu. PRICES: Check out all the details – prices, reviews and more photos, on the resort’s own website (Sandals) here, and on their Expedia.com page here. Note: Like all luxury overwater bungalows in the Caribbean the overwater bungalows at Sandals Royal Caribbean are incredibly sought after – Covid-19 notwithstanding, for the 2021 season you should really reserve your stay as soon as possible. You are allowed free cancellation on most bookings. FACILITIES & THINGS TO DO: You have a nice choice of food and drink outlets from casual eateries and READ MORE
- Address: Pigeon Island, Gros Islet
Saint LuciaSandals, fresh from their success with overwater bungalows in Jamaica, quickly turned their sights to St Lucia, and here at the all-inclusive, adults only, Sandals Grande St. Lucian resort you can expect the same high levels of luxury, sophistication and service. It is very much an opulent romantic getaway, being adults only and attracting a well heeled clientele, but the atmosphere is friendly, relaxed and rarely stuffy. Their overwater bungalows are a honeymoon favorite and with only nine of them they are generally booked out well in advance. They come with glass floor panels, tranquility soaking tubs, private patios and over-water hammocks amongst other special features. They also have a 24 hour personal butler service and the service throughout the resort is top notch – efficient and professional but also relaxed and personable. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have an enormous range of accommodation at the resort, with the above mentioned overwater bungalows being the most popular. These have a spacious, luxurious feel with hardwood floors, vaulted ceilings, king-size beds with soft linens and plush pillows, smart TVs, sun decks, outdoor showers, swish bathrooms and 24 hour personal butler service. Many of the other choices well match, if not surpass, the style and sophistication of the overwaters though just without the novelty of having the ocean directly under your feet. The beachside suites in particular are extremely opulent and very much worth considering if the overwaters are not free. PRICES: Check out all the details – prices, reviews and more photos, on the resort’s own website (Sandals) here, and on their Expedia.com page here. Note: Like all luxury overwater bungalows in the Caribbean the overwater bungalows at Sandals Grande St. Lucian are incredibly sought after – Covid-19 notwithstanding, for the 2021 season you should really reserve your stay as soon as possible. You are allowed free cancellation on most bookings. FACILITIES & THINGS TO DO: Sandals Grande St. Lucian is a huge resort with 311 accommodation units, twelve restaurants and six bars including a British Pub and a swim-up pool bar. All of this is all-inclusive of course and the quality and variety of the food is impressive, as is the ever READ MORE
- Stella Island Resort in Crete is a 5 Star luxury, adults-only resort with a tremendously good reputation and one which is also home to one of only two overwater bungalow accommodations in Europe. (The other being at Palafitte Resort on the rather more chilly Lake Neuchâtel in Switzerland.) It occupies a private stretch of Crete’s north coast and offers, amongst other things, excellent spa facilities, some of the very best food on the island and the opportunity to enjoy many sports including tennis and water sports. Guests also consistently praise the staff at Stella Island. The resort has various deals for you to choose from: You can go B&B/ breakfast only, have breakfast and dinner included in the room rate or go all-inclusive. In terms of value the breakfast and dinner included option seems the best, but only if you’re not a big drinker – if you’ll be getting stuck into the cocktails every evening then go for the all-inclusive. Stella Island, though large, is far more romantic getaway than party place. There are many lovely bars, lounges and restaurants to choose from but they close relatively early. THE ACCOMMODATION: There are 89 rooms, bungalows and villas at Stella Island, and all are top of the range. It is luxury accommodation but not in any kind of garish way. All are elegant and stylish and exhibit more than a touch of boho chic. Some rooms, on the first floor, have balconies that overlook the huge central lagoon pool while the ground floor rooms allow direct access to it. Their 12 ‘Island Villas’ come with their own private pools, and are relatively good value compared to the rooms. The overwater bungalows come in two forms the first, referred to as ‘Bungalow with Shared Pool’ on the booking page, are relatively small but beautifully designed, furnished and fitted. They feel private, cosy and romantic, and come with a terrace allowing direct access to the lagoon pool, and overwater hammocks. The second though – listed as ‘Grand Overwater Bungalow with Outdoor Jacuzzi’ on the booking page, are far superior. They are spacious and airy with high ceilings and large terraces that also READ MORE
- Address: Ozen Resort
South Male Atoll
MaldivesAll-inclusive resorts can tend to fall short when it comes to true luxury but the Ozen Maadhoo is the Maldives’ finest example of how to get it right. It is a fabulous place: the setting is stunning, as is the accommodation, there is a generous supply of top quality food and drink and, if staying more than 4 nights, complimentary activities to enjoy too – spa treatments, scuba diving and a meal at the resort’s very special underwater restaurant, just to give you an idea. All that plus tremendously high levels of service make Ozen All Inclusive excellent value compared to other similar resorts in the Maldives. THE ACCOMMODATION: You have a choice of classic overwater bungalows and beach villas here ranging in size from 85 m² to 285 m². They are all doubles, with king size bed and a sofa bed in the lounge area if needed, with the exception of the large ‘Beach Pool Pavillion‘, which has two bedrooms – a master bedroom and one twin bedroom. The overwater bungalows are a classically romantic choice with direct access to the water and with uninterrupted views as far as the eye can see. They also all have, amongst other luxury features, glass floor panels in the living room and standalone ellipse shaped bath tubs which open up to the outside via sliding doors. The standard villas will not disappoint but the ‘Water Villas with Private Pool‘ are the pick of the bunch, having 1205 sq ft/112 sq meters of space and a nice infinity style plunge pool on the outside deck. The beachside villas may not have that but they all have a private pool as standard and across the accommodation choices the interior design and decor is crisp and smart with sleek furniture, bright fabrics and tasteful art pieces. Modern luxury hotel facilities are standard too with AC, WiFi, flat screen cable TV, Segafredo coffee machines and free mini bars that are generously restocked twice a day. The service is top quality at this resort and you will have room service, a private butler and concierge services throughout your stay. PRICES: Check out all the details – READ MORE
- Address: Five Islands Village
Antigua and BarbudaFirst opening its doors in May 2019, Royalton Antigua is an all inclusive resort that boasts Antigua’s very first, and still only, overwater bungalows. The resort offers opulence and luxury and has a choice setting on the clear, calm waters of Antigua’s Deep Bay, less than twenty minutes from St. John’s, and a half an hour from V. C. Bird International Airport. THE ACCOMMODATION: The accommodation choices are many, with of course the overwater bungalows taking pride of place. They cover a full 1442 square feet and have king size bedrooms, lounges (with sofa bed), dining areas and gorgeous outdoor terraces overlooking the Caribbean. They are also sleek, sophisticated and luxurious. Expect private infinity plunge pools, jacuzzis, glass floor viewing panels, private butlers and 24 hour room service as well as in-room aromatherapy, satellite TV, top of the range music systems, complimentary IPTV movie selections, twice daily re-stocked minibars and a pillow menu for example. The other accommodation choices are a mixture of suites in different locations around the private beach and all of them share the same sleek interiors and modern luxury features. They can all sleep up to four but are generally smaller than the overwater bungalows which have over 1,100 square feet (106 square meters) of space. Note: Children (under 13) are not allowed to stay in the overwater bungalows, hence we have placed The Royalton in the Adults Only category. In all the other accommodation though children are welcome. PRICES: Check out all the details – prices, reviews and more photos, on their Booking.com page here and on their Expedia.com page here. Note: Like most luxury overwater bungalows in the Caribbean the overwater bungalows at Royalton Antigua are incredibly sought after – Covid notwithstanding, for the 2021 season you should really reserve your stay as soon as possible. You are allowed free cancellation on most bookings. FACILITIES & THINGS TO DO: The resort has seven restaurants in total, with complimentary in-room private dinner and drinks service also available. The choice of food is enormous with a mixture of Caribbean, American and European to be enjoyed, both buffet and a la carte. Each eatery has a READ MORE
- A strong candidate for the best luxury resort in Mauritius, the 5 Star Constance Le Prince Maurice, just an hour from Port Louis and its international airport, is a divine slice of paradise and one which boasts the country’s only overwater bungalows. There are just eleven in total though – eight junior suites and three particularly spacious and luxurious water villas – so be prepared to book well in advance. Though the height of luxury and beautifully styled they have just one drawback, that is that they sit over a lagoon fish sanctuary which, though it features much interesting sea life, means you are not allowed to swim just outside your door. Once that disappointment is overcome though these overwater bungalows leave very little else to complain about and the Constance Prince Maurice in general is a truly fantastic resort. It has excellent spa facilities and a whole host of activities can be enjoyed including water-sports and golf at not one but two different 18 hole championship golf courses. Though the resort mainly caters for romantic getaways, honeymoons etc. children can and do come here too, and the Prince Maurice Kids Club does a fine job looking after them. THE ACCOMMODATION: Constance Le Prince Maurice has 89 suites and villas spread over 150 acres of stunning beach, lagoon and lush tropical gardens. The overwater bungalows, as mentioned above, sit on the lagoon and are of two types – suites and villas. Both are beautifully designed and furnished in the traditional Pacific style and feel incredibly romantic. They only major difference between the suites and villas is their respective sizes. The suites come in at a respectable 753 square feet (70 m²) and have one double bedroom with a seating area, a lovely outdoor terrace plus some very swish bathrooms The villas though are over twice the size at 1,400 square feet (130 m² ). Along with a larger bedroom they also come with a separate lounge/living room plus dining space, and have a whirlpool bath/jacuzzi in the bathroom and a soak tub outside on the terrace. Beyond the overwaters the beachside accommodation at Constance Prince Maurice is equally impressive. READ MORE
- Address: Lily Beach Resort
Alifu Dhaalu Atoll
MaldivesLily Beach Resort is a 5 Star all inclusive with an absolutely stunning setting on a private island in southern Ari Atoll, Maldives. Their all inclusive plan offers a generous array of quality services, with a range of free water sports activities and excursions and lots and lots of premium quality food and drink. It is a well known resort and consistently popular; people return here year after year, so advance bookings are recommended. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a choice of overwater villas, beach villas and lagoon villas at Pearl Beach. The typically romantic overwater villas are divided between ‘Deluxe Water Villas’ which have 1356 ft² of space including a private outdoor deck with a jacuzzi plunge pool, and the ‘Sunset Water Villas’ which are a step ahead with 1960 ft² to play with, a proportionally larger deck and larger pool, as well as a 24 hour personal butler service. All the overwater choices have a section of glass floor panels so you can gaze at the sea life below from the comfort of your bungalow. The Lagoon Villas are at the edge of the lagoon and cover just short of 1000 ft², are secluded and private and come with an outdoor bath on the terrace, while the Beach Villas have a nice location right on the beach with a private deck and about 730 ft² of space for the ‘standard’ villas and 1463 ft² for the two bedroom ‘family’ villas, which are effectively two interconnected standard villas. The style is modernist and fairly minimalist, with the emphasis being more on comfort than interior decor, and all the accommodation choices include luxury hotel standard facilities and features as standard; air-conditioning, WiFi, flat-screen TV & home theatre system, tea/coffee making facilities, minibar and safe etc. The bathrooms are all suitably plush too with rainfall showers and spa bathtubs. PRICES: Check out all the details – prices, reviews and more photos, on their Booking.com page here and on their Expedia.com page here. FACILITIES & THINGS TO DO: There are four restaurants and three bars at the resort and the quality of the food and drink is excellent. Many 5 Star all-inclusives READ MORE
- Veligandu Private Island, just twenty minutes by seaplane from Male Airport, is possibly the best value all-inclusive overwater bungalow resort in the Maldives. Though it lacks the full 5 Star Wow factor of Lily Beach Resort or Ozen Maadhoo, for what you are getting here you might expect the prices to be almost double what they are. As such it is extremely popular and sees return visitors year after year. THE ACCOMMODATION: You have two main room categories at Veligandu – Beach Villas and (Over)Water Villas, all of which are doubles with King size bed though you can order extra beds/cots for children. These are in turn sub-divided into standard and jacuzzi villas. None of these accommodation choices will disappoint though the jacuzzi villas, even disregarding the added jacuzzi on the terrace, are more spacious and open and definitely worth the extra fee. The villas have the traditional Pacific thatched roof look but inside are modern and sleek. Amenities include satellite TV, Nespresso coffee machines, air con, generous minibars and, if not a terrace jacuzzi outside then a spa bath in the bathroom inside. Bathrooms are always a good marker of hotel room quality and here they impress, with the the added bonus of an outdoor rain shower too. Note: Though they are welcome in the other accommodation options children are not allowed in the overwater villas, therefore Veligandu is placed in the adults-only category. PRICES: Check out all the details – prices, reviews and more photos, on their Booking.com page here and on their Expedia.com page here. FACILITIES & THINGS TO DO: The main resort restaurant is Dhonveli – a large, lively place with a fantastic selection of Asian and international cuisine. The food is buffet style and there are various sections with different categories of food for guests to investigate as well as two live cooking stations. It is located right along the beach and has tables inside, on the large terrace outside and with some tables directly on the sand. Dhonveli has a laid back, boho chic atmosphere but if you want something a bit more formal you can try Madivaru, an elegant, intimate fine dining READ MORE
- Address: Sun Siyam Iru Fushi
MaldivesSun Siyam Iru Fushi is an award winning 5 star all inclusive on a stunning, 52 acre private island in The Maldives’ Noonu Atoll. The resort has a great reputation for family vacations, winning the World Travel Awards’ category of Best Family Resort in the Indian Ocean three years running from 2016 to 2019, while also being nominated multiple times for the world’s best family resort. It is also though a popular place for a romantic getaway – this being the Maldives adults/couples dominate anyway, there are also dedicated adults only zones and the resort is large enough to find plenty of space for rest, relaxation and romance. It offers various options – b&b, half board, full board and all inclusive. For a 5 star resort in The Maldives Sun Siyam Iru Fushi is pleasantly very reasonably priced, with the all inclusive being overall the best value package. THE ACCOMMODATION: It has a nice choice of accommodation on offer, villa style, around the beach or overwater. All of them fit a maximum of two adults and two children up to the age of 12. They are all as plush and comfortable as you might expect from a 5 star private island paradise with sleek interiors and a nice sense of open space both inside and out, though some may deem the overwater bungalows too close to each other careful design means that even on their outside terrace they are still very private. The pick of the overwater villas is very much the ‘Infinity Water Villa with Separate Living Room’, all 1668 square feet/155 square meters of it. It, as the name suggests features a separate lounge area and an infinity pool on the terrace. The others are smaller, though none of them could be accused of being too small – your most basic choice will still be over 900 square feet/85 square meters and though won’t have a private pool it will still have either a semi-open bathroom with a photo worthy spa bath overlooking the sea, or a jacuzzi on the terrace. All their overwater villas also come with those classic glass floor panels so you can stare READ MORE
- Address: Carretera Cancun Tulum, Km 55.3
MexicoThis adults only, all inclusive near Cancun is home to the Palafitos Overwater Bungalows, the very first overwater bungalows in Mexico (there are now still just three – the other two being the very nearby Rosewood Mayakoba & Banyan Tree Mayakoba) and consistently hits world class standards for luxury all inclusive resorts. It has a fabulous location on Maroma Beach, Playa del Carmen – rated one of the world’s best beaches, the gourmet food and drink is of the highest quality, there are numerous activities to enjoy and the resort is intimate, romantic and at the same time fun. THE ACCOMMODATION: As mentioned, the Palafitos overwater bungalows were the very first in Mexico and come with all the features you would expect from such a pioneering resort – glass floor panels, jacuzzis, private infinity pools, outdoor showers and direct access to the crystal clear waters below your feet. There are two basic types; the Palafitos ‘Beachfront Bungalows’ are close the shore while their ‘Superior Bungalows’ are out in the open water and so are more peaceful and give more of a at one with the water feeling. Both are pretty much identical in every other way though and, covering nearly 600 square feet, they are modern internally and suitably luxurious, with extra large, terrifically comfortable double beds, a seating/dining area, sections of glass bottom floor, a jacuzzi, an infinity type plunge pool on the terrace over looking the water plus an outdoor shower. Other facilities include WiFi, cable TV, air con, iPod docks, mini bar, 24 hour room service and a private butler. PRICES: Check out all the details – prices, reviews and more photos – on their Booking.com page here and on their Expedia.com page here. Note: Like most luxury overwater bungalows around the Caribbean the overwater bungalows at Palafitos El Dorado are incredibly sought after – Covid notwithstanding, for the 2021 season you should really reserve your stay as soon as possible. You are allowed free cancellation on most bookings. FACILITIES & THINGS TO DO: El Dorado Maroma an all inclusive resort with a great emphasis on gourmet food and drink, with much of the ingredients coming fresh from READ MORE
- Address: Sandals South Coast
JamaicaOne of only two overwater bungalow resorts in Jamaica (the other being Sandals Royal Caribbean), Sandals South Coast is a 5 star luxury, adults only, all inclusive resort which offers pure Epicurean indulgence in a gloriously isolated beach setting. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a wide range of luxury accommodation to choose from, between rooms, suites and overwater bungalows, all offering varying levels of space, luxury and privacy. Their 1,100 square feet overwater bungalows (referred to as ‘Honeymoon Room, 1 Bedroom, Ocean View (Over the Water Butler Bungalow)’ on the booking page) are suitably plush and luxurious, and come with outdoor sun decks with soaking tubs and overwater hammocks, internal glass floor panels, particularly nice, spa style bathrooms, personal butler service and an exclusive in-room dining and room service menu. PRICES: Check out all the details – prices, reviews and more photos, on the resort’s own website (Sandals) here, and on their Expedia.com page here. Note: Like all luxury overwater bungalows in the Caribbean the overwater bungalows at Sandals South Coast are incredibly sought after – Covid-19 notwithstanding, for the 2021 season you should really reserve your stay as soon as possible. You are allowed free cancellation on most bookings. FACILITIES & THINGS TO DO: Sandals South Coast is very large indeed with different European themed sections, French Village, Italian Village, Dutch Village and Venetian Piazza. There is a lot going on around the resort though the overwater bungalow section is slightly away from it all and so very peaceful. You have nine gourmet restaurants to choose from which serve consistently excellent European, Asian and Caribbean cuisine, as well as eleven different bars with a range of musical, and other, entertainment, and a huge range of premium drinks. You can do some duty-free shopping at the collection of resort boutiques and luxury jewelers, browse art galleries or play sports such as beach volleyball, tennis, billiards, table tennis and shuffle board. There is a state of the art gym and fitness center here, and the tranquil oasis of the Red Lane Spa has, amongst other things, a beauty salon, a yoga-pilates studio, a steam room, plunge pools and several secluded outdoor READ MORE