No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
Category: Best Overwater Bungalow Resorts with Spa Facilities in 2023.
Spas have become in recent years an integral part of the luxury hotel experience in general, and much more especially in the kind of luxury tropical beach resorts which are home to overwater bungalows.
You can be assured all the resorts we recommend will have the best of everything and that includes their spa facilities. They, like everything else will tend to be very much of the luxury variety.
Many will also have some unusual, native to their land, treatments, therapies and ingredients that can add a touch of the exotic to a session, and you will in most cases also find other complimentary activities such as meditation, yoga and traditional healing.
Here then are our choices for the best overwater bungalows & water villa resorts with spa in 2023.
- Why We Like it: The 5 Star, adults only Likuliku Lagoon is an eco-friendly island paradise off the coast of Western Fiji, and the first resort in the country to incorporate overwater bungalows. The setting, in a natural ocean lagoon surrounded by a coral reef marine sanctuary, is particularly enchanting. Conservation is a big part of the Likuliku story with the world’s last wild population (they were assumed to be extinct until 2010) of Fijian Crested Iguanas to be found in the resort’s on-land sanctuary. Educational, expert guided forest walks can be arranged. The resort offers relaxation, education, warm hospitality and wonderful food, and its overwater bungalows are romantic and dreamy. Overwater Bungalows & Other Accommodation: The aforementioned overwater bungalows, READ MORE
- Why We Like it: The 5 Star celebrity haunt that is the Conrad Bora Bora Nui sits neatly in a private cove on Motu To’opua, a little islet southwest of the main island. The setting is beautiful – secluded and thoroughly romantic, and the resort really has an extra touch of class, even by Bora Bora’s high standards. It also boasts what are surely Bora Bora’s, and one of the world’s, finest overwater bungalows – their incredibly opulent Presidential Overwater Villa. Their hilltop Hina Spa has soothing treatments and tremendous panoramic views, there are four excellent dining options, a large infinity pool and pool bar, and some some lovely stretches of the purest of white sands. The Conrad is family READ MORE
- Why We Like it: The family friendly Four Seasons Resort forms an exclusive enclave by the coral reefs to the north east of Bora Bora and offers overwater bungalows, and beach villas, that are spacious, sleek and very well equipped. Their style is more modernist than most and they have the feel of luxury design apartments where everything feels crisp, clean and new. All come with tremendous views over Mount Otemanu and the lagoon, the overwater bungalows particularly, and the resort itself is a pleasure to stroll around with plenty to do and see, and a cosy, friendly, atmosphere throughout. Though the vibe is, this being Bora Bora, generally one of romantic indulgence, The Four Seasons takes care of children READ MORE
- Why We Like it: Just a ten-minute shuttle boat ride from Motu Mute Airport, and fifteen minutes across the lagoon from the town of Vaitape, lies the little island of Tevairoa – the wondrous setting for the 4 Star Bora Bora Pearl Resort. The resort has a total of 80 accommodation units comprising overwater bungalows, beach villas and garden villas, but feels rather small and boutique-resort like. It also feels somewhat more traditionally Polynesian than other resorts around Bora Bora, in terms of architecture, style and general laid back atmosphere. It is family friendly, and has activities for children, but wouldn’t really define itself as such, maintaining well the tricky balance between keeping children content and offering the last word READ MORE
- Why We Like it: The 5 Star, Sofitel Moorea Kia Ora Resort is a private enclave surrounded by crystal clear waters and pure white sands near to both Moorea Airport, and to the island’s main ferry dock which has regular ferries running the hour long journey to and from Tahiti. It is a beautiful place, and if you’re coming, as most people are, straight from busy Tahiti both it and the island of Moorea in general will offer the wow factor. The setting ticks all the boxes for a classic Polynesian island stay; balmy turquoise waters, powdery white sands (the beach alongside is consistently rated one of the best in Polynesia) and lush green tropical foliage, while the resort itself READ MORE
- Why We Like it: Sun Siyam Iru Fushi is an award-winning 5-star all inclusive with water villas on a stunning private island in The Maldives’ Noonu Atoll. The resort has a great reputation for family vacations, winning the World Travel Awards’ category of Best Family Resort in the Indian Ocean three years running from 2016 to 2019, while also being nominated multiple times for the world’s best family resort. It is also though a popular place for a romantic getaway – this being the Maldives adults/couples dominate anyway, there are also dedicated adults only zones and the resort is large enough to find plenty of space for rest, relaxation and romance. It offers various options – b&b, half board, full board READ MORE
- Why We Like it: Veligandu Private Island, just twenty minutes by seaplane from Male Airport, is possibly the best value all-inclusive water villa resort in the Maldives. Though it lacks the full 5 Star Wow factor of Lily Beach Resort or Ozen Maadhoo, for what you are getting here you might expect the prices to be almost double what they are. As such it is extremely popular and sees return visitors year after year. Water Villas & Other Accommodation: You have two main room categories at Veligandu – Beach Villas and Water Villas, all of which are doubles with King size bed though you can order extra beds/cots for children. These are in turn sub-divided into standard and jacuzzi villas. READ MORE
- Why We Like it: Stella Island Resort in Crete is a 5 Star luxury, adults-only resort with a tremendously good reputation and one which is also home to one of only two overwater bungalow accommodations in Europe (the other being at Palafitte Resort on Lake Neuchâtel, Switzerland). It occupies a private stretch of Crete’s north coast and offers, amongst other things, excellent spa facilities, some of the very best food on the island and the opportunity to enjoy many sports including tennis and water sports. Guests also consistently praise the staff at Stella Island. The resort has various deals for you to choose from: You can go B&B/ breakfast only, have breakfast and dinner included in the room rate or READ MORE
- Why We Like it: One of only two overwater bungalow resorts in Jamaica (the other being Sandals Royal Caribbean), Sandals South Coast is a 5-star luxury, adults-only, all-inclusive resort which offers Epicurean indulgence in a dreamy Caribbean beach setting. The resort is large and the amount, and quality, of facilities and activities on offer is very impressive. The food is a particular attraction – guests have nine gourmet restaurants to choose from with food that spans the globe. Overwater Bungalows: They have a wide range of luxury accommodation to choose from, between rooms, suites, and over-water bungalows/villas, all offering varying levels of space, luxury, and privacy. Their 1,100 square feet over water villas are suitably plush and luxurious and come READ MORE
- Why We Like It: W Maldives is a sophisticated 5-star, private (heart-shaped!) island resort with cutting-edge design and facilities. It is a ‘Luxury Playground’ which receives its fair share of international celebs and all in all is a glamorous and fun place to hang out. Facilities include high-quality restaurants and bars, a sublime sauna & fitness center, and a water sports & dive center. The resort sits by what is considered the best house reef in the Maldives and you can admire a huge amount of sea life directly from your water villa: reef sharks, angel fish, stingrays, and glow-in-the-dark plankton, and jellyfish for example. Water Villas & Other Accommodation: Most of the accommodation units at W Maldives are overwater READ MORE
- Disclaimer: This page contains affiliate links. Dreamoverwater may be compensated if you make a purchase via certain outbound links but at absolutely no extra cost to you the visitor. Why We Like it: The Fiji Marriott, Momi Bay is an exclusive 5 Star resort near Nadi, and the Momi WW2 Gun Site, with an idyllic lagoon and ocean setting. It also has an array of fantastic facilities, premium quality accommodation, including some top of the range overwater bungalows, and consistently cheerful, friendly service. Overwater Bungalows & Other Accommodation: The Marriott has a mixture of rooms at the main hotel building, all of which come with either a balcony or a patio, plus a mixture of bures (traditional Fijian style straw READ MORE
- Why We Like it: One of three overwater bungalow resorts near Cancun, Mexico – the others being the nearby Banyan Tree Mayakoba and Palafitos El Dorado resorts – Rosewood Mayakoba shares the same serene Caribbean coast setting along with high quality accommodation, service and facilities, in particular its award winning spa. It is a sophisticated resort and though it attracts a very much high end clientele, there is little in the way of snootiness. The atmosphere is relaxed and friendly throughout. Overwater Bungalows & Other Accommodation: The resort has 129 sleek and modern suites and villas of varying sizes from 780 sq. ft. to 1500 sq. ft, all of which come with an array of luxury facilities and the very READ MORE
- Why We Like it: The eco-friendly Koro Sun Resort sits on a lagoon surrounded by a lush 160-acre nature sanctuary on the island of Vanua Levu, just to the north east of Fiji’s main island. It’s a place with a strong back-to-nature appeal. If you’re feeling adventurous you can head out on some awe inspiring jungle hikes or deep sea diving trips or, if you’re feeling lazy, just lay back and enjoy as much fine food, pampering and relaxation as you like. Overwater Bungalows & Other Accommodation: The resort has a broad range of accommodation including overwater bungalows which actually float on the water, and larger, two story, two bedroom overwater villas in a semi-separate, private section of the resort. READ MORE
- Why We Like It: The Maldives certainly isn’t short of resorts with water villas but not many see the same amount of positive reviews as Velassaru. It is an enormously popular resort and many of its guests happily return year after year. Its convenience probably helps in fairness – we love the fact that this island paradise is just 25 minutes by speedboat from Male Airport. Its prices are a positive factor too – for a 5 Star resort in the Maldives Velassaru is very good value. It sees a mixture of guests: mostly couples on romantic sojourns but also families. A drawback may be that it can get pretty busy, by Maldives standards anyway. Some may call it lively READ MORE
- Why We Like it: The 5 Star, adults only Anatara Veli Resort has 67 chic overwater bungalows in a sublime setting just half an hour by speedboat from Mali’s International Airport. The location is more private and secluded than other water villa resorts in The Maldives, and is very much designed for romantic getaways. It is still though just a two-minute speedboat shuttle to the busier (& family-friendly) Anantara Dhigu Resort across the lagoon. There you’ll find a broad range of facilities and entertainment; restaurants, bars, shops, water sports etc. Antara Veli also has facilities of its own though with tennis courts, a fitness center, an outdoor spa and three very fine restaurants serving Japanese, Thai and international food at your READ MORE
- Why We Like it: The tropical gardens of the InterContinental Tahiti Resort & Spa lie just five minutes from Tahiti Airport and not much more than ten from downtown Papeete. The super convenient location means it’s a place where many people get their very first experience of a classic Polynesian resort, and an overwater bungalow stay. It is a large, fairly busy resort and you’ll find it more lively, both day and night (it’s got a 24 hour bar for example), than any similar resort on the likes of Bora Bora and Moorea. The overwater bungalows section though is more quiet and peaceful, relatively speaking, and so you in some ways you can have a romantic getaway or honeymoon while READ MORE
- Why We Like it: The adults-only St. George’s Caye is a scenic private island off the coast of Belize City near the Caribbean’s largest, and the world’s second-largest, barrier reef. It offers adventure and excitement on the one hand (it is a popular vacation spot for divers for eg.) and peace and tranquility on the other (honeymooners come here too). The food is generally highly praised, with breakfast, lunch, and dinner included in the room rate, the service is great and the atmosphere is relaxed, warm, and friendly. It sells itself as a luxury resort but if you are indeed expecting luxury the accommodation, though charming and very comfortable, may be underwhelming. Overall though the resort, the island, and the READ MORE
- Why We Like it: The 5 Star, St. Regis Bora Bora was the setting for the 2009 comedy ‘Couple’s Retreat,’ starring Vince Vaughan, an extra publicity boost that such a confident, sophisticated resort really had very little need for. You can expect to very impressed with almost everything, even judging by Bora Bora’s high standards. Overwater Bungalows & Other Accommodation: The resort is spread out over 44 acres which includes a private lagoon and various beach areas. The accommodation is a mixture of overwater bungalows and beach villas, all of which are extremely spacious; the largest overwater bungalows and villas in Bora Bora in fact. The very smallest on offer at the St. Regis are 1550 ft² for example, with READ MORE
- Why We Like it: Lily Beach Resort is a 5 Star all-inclusive with water villas on a stunning private island in southern Ari Atoll, Maldives. Their all-inclusive plan offers a generous array of quality services, with a range of free water sports activities and excursions and lots and lots of premium quality food and drink. It is a well-known resort and consistently popular; people return here year after year, so advance bookings are recommended. Water Villas & Other Accommodation: They have a choice of water villas, beach villas and lagoon villas at Pearl Beach. The typically romantic overwater villas come in two categories: their ‘Deluxe Water Villas’ have 1356 ft² of space including a private outdoor deck with a jacuzzi READ MORE
- Why We Like It: First opening its doors in May 2019, Royalton Antigua is an all-inclusive resort that is home to Antigua’s only overwater bungalows. The resort offers opulence and luxury and has a choice setting on the clear, calm waters of Antigua’s Deep Bay, less than twenty minutes from St. John’s, and a half an hour from V. C. Bird International Airport. Having been recently (late 2021) acquired by the Marriott Hotel group, you can expect it, little by little, to become one of Antigua’s most sought-after resorts. Overwater Bungalows & Other Accommodation: The accommodation choices are many, with of course the over-water villas taking pride of place. They cover a full 1442 square feet and have king-size bedrooms, READ MORE
- Why We Like it: A strong candidate for the best luxury resort in Mauritius, the 5 Star Constance Le Prince Maurice, just an hour from Port Louis and its international airport, is a divine slice of paradise and one which boasts the country’s only overwater bungalows. There are just eleven in total though – eight junior suites and three particularly spacious and luxurious water villas – so be prepared to book well in advance. Though the height of luxury and beautifully styled they have just one drawback, that is that they sit over a lagoon fish sanctuary which, though it features much interesting sea life, means you are not allowed to swim just outside your door. Once that disappointment is READ MORE
- Why We Like it: Soneva Jani is one of The Maldives’ most exclusive private island resorts and has water villas that are almost uniquely spacious, stylish and luxurious. The very largest of them, the two and four-bedroom ‘water reserves’ around the end of the walkway, being really quite extraordinary. These opulent wooden palaces come with private pools, water slides and retractable roofs that allow stargazing direct from the master bedroom. Soneva Jani is also an eco-resort that has, since its inception, striven to keep its environmental impact as low as possible. Water and waste is recycled and treated via the on-site waste management center and most of the resort’s electricity is solar generated. Facilities include, amongst others, a luxurious spa, READ MORE
- Why We Like it: The 5 Star Pangkor Laut is a stunningly beautiful private island near Malaysia’s Straits of Malacca with pristine rainforest ringed by dreamy sand beaches and crystal clear waters. It is seen as one of Malaysia’s, and Asia’s, finest luxury resorts and as such attracts a sophisticated, Malaysian and international, clientele. You will not find any kind of unnecessary formality or stuffiness here though, the atmosphere is notably pleasant, friendly and relaxed. Its facilities really are top of the range – Pangkor Laut’s spa in particular has won countless awards and is consistently named among the world’s very best. Overwater Bungalows & Other Accommodation: Their accommodation is divided between four categories: Garden, Beach, Sea and Hill. The READ MORE
- Why We Like it: The 5 Star Le Taha’a Resort sits on a tremendously beautiful, secluded private islet between Bora Bora and the famous vanilla island of Taha’a from where it gets its name. It offers a delectable form of tranquil, laid back luxury and at slightly cheaper prices than on Bora Bora. Cheaper prices or not, for many Le Taha’a is preferable to resorts on Bora Bora’s main island anyway in that it has an even more remote, paradise island feel. And it is a small, intimate resort which feels more personable and less corporate than many others. This is reflected too in its architecture and interior design – the accommodation, and the resort in general, feels more traditionally READ MORE
- Why We Like it: The newest of only three overwater bungalow resorts in Mexico, the other two being the nearby Palafitos El Dorado Resort and the even more nearby Rosewood Mayakoba, Banyan Tree Mayakoba is another very much exclusive resort near Playa del Carmen. It wins consistently great reviews for its eco friendly principles, its choice setting, its luxury accommodation and facilities, which include a Greg Norman designed 18 hole golf course and an award winning spa, and gourmet food & drink. Their overwater bungalows are more European chalet-like than rustic Polynesian. The interiors are sleek, modern and plush but with plenty of some nice earthy, back to nature touches. They are set over two floors and offer a far READ MORE