No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
Category: Best Overwater Bungalows With Glass Floor in French Polynesia in 2023.
An extremely popular feature of overwater bungalows is the presence of glass floor panels but, rather surprisingly maybe, not all overwater bungalows have them. Those that have though allow their guests to stare down hypnotically at the comings and goings of the exotic, teeming sea life below.
They also present a singularly nice photo opportunity - your partner swimming through the bright turquoise waters under your 'house' captured directly from above.
Here are our choices then for the best luxury water villas with glass floor in French Polynesia in 2023.
- Why We Like it: The InterContinental Le Moana lies along Matira Point at the southern end of Bora Bora’s main island and is, as the name suggests, a sister hotel of the InterContinental Thalasso across the lagoon which has a greater range of facilities, all of which guests at this InterContinental can access via shuttle boat. It doesn’t have the same broad choice of accommodation as its sister hotel and many will consider the Thalasso branch, as it looks directly across the lagoon at the towering Mount Otemanu, to have a more scenic setting. Intercontinental Le Moana also has an extremely idyllic location though it must be said, nestling snugly as it does between the gorgeous white sands of Matira READ MORE
- Why We Like it: There may be a lot of competition in terms of luxury retreats in Bora Bora and indeed in the broader region of French Polynesia, but the 5 Star InterContinental Thalasso Bora Bora is really quite a place. It is located on its own private island, a 20 minute boat ride from Bora Bora Motu Mute Airport, and it is hard to overemphasize the extraordinary setting, with the craggy peak of Mount Otemanu towering above and the most beautifully clear turquoise waters you could ever imagine swaying gently all around. It also has consistently high levels of service, great facilities and a laudable commitment to eco-friendly and sustainability principles, all of which make it stand out somewhat READ MORE
- Why We Like it: The low key, 5 star resort of Le Méridien offers perhaps the best value around in terms of luxury overwater bungalows and villas in Bora Bora. It does not have the same show-stopping sense of opulence as some other nearby resorts; the St. Regis or The Four Seasons for example, which feature some really quite enormous accommodation, but though the largest overwater bungalows at the Le Méridien cover not much more than 540 ft², they are just as luxurious, stylish and well equipped. So if you feel having acres of extra space is not worth the extra premium price then Le Méridien is for you. One popular feature of most Bora Bora overwater bungalows are glass READ MORE
- Why We Like it: The 5 Star, Sofitel Moorea Kia Ora Resort is a private enclave surrounded by crystal clear waters and pure white sands near to both Moorea Airport, and to the island’s main ferry dock which has regular ferries running the hour long journey to and from Tahiti. It is a beautiful place, and if you’re coming, as most people are, straight from busy Tahiti both it and the island of Moorea in general will offer the wow factor. The setting ticks all the boxes for a classic Polynesian island stay; balmy turquoise waters, powdery white sands (the beach alongside is consistently rated one of the best in Polynesia) and lush green tropical foliage, while the resort itself READ MORE
- Why We Like it: The 5 Star, St. Regis Bora Bora was the setting for the 2009 comedy ‘Couple’s Retreat,’ starring Vince Vaughan, an extra publicity boost that such a confident, sophisticated resort really had very little need for. You can expect to very impressed with almost everything, even judging by Bora Bora’s high standards. Overwater Bungalows & Other Accommodation: The resort is spread out over 44 acres which includes a private lagoon and various beach areas. The accommodation is a mixture of overwater bungalows and beach villas, all of which are extremely spacious; the largest overwater bungalows and villas in Bora Bora in fact. The very smallest on offer at the St. Regis are 1550 ft² for example, with READ MORE
- Why We Like it: The family friendly Four Seasons Resort forms an exclusive enclave by the coral reefs to the north east of Bora Bora and offers overwater bungalows, and beach villas, that are spacious, sleek and very well equipped. Their style is more modernist than most and they have the feel of luxury design apartments where everything feels crisp, clean and new. All come with tremendous views over Mount Otemanu and the lagoon, the overwater bungalows particularly, and the resort itself is a pleasure to stroll around with plenty to do and see, and a cosy, friendly, atmosphere throughout. Though the vibe is, this being Bora Bora, generally one of romantic indulgence, The Four Seasons takes care of children READ MORE
No listings were found matching your selection. Something missing? Why not add a listing?.